PDA

View Full Version : Ebay Fecks up again

novacabrio
09-09-08, 10:42 AM
First it was the new search pages for finding items, now I have a new style Ebay summary page where it shows the items ive bought watch and bidding on etc.

Christ if its not broke dont fix it!

Welcome to your summary page
It's your page. You should get to design it. We've taken a stab at creating the summary page, but customising it and making it yours is easy.
http://pics.ebaystatic.com/aw/pics/globalAssets/iconNo1_26x26.gifChoose what you want to see.
You're in control. Go to Page Options to pick the sections that work for you.
http://pics.ebaystatic.com/aw/pics/globalAssets/iconNo2_26x26.gifPick your own colours.
Be creative. Select colours from the Edit menu that suit your personality.
http://pics.ebaystatic.com/aw/pics/globalAssets/iconNo3_26x26.gifArrange your workspace.
Go to the Edit menu to move sections where you want them.

J4MES
09-09-08, 11:42 AM
Just press 'opt out' job done.

hybridturbo
09-09-08, 11:46 AM
Might have to change your cookie settings also

NovaBoi92
09-09-08, 12:05 PM
i hate the new ebay search and everything. you type in one thing, like i typed in nova - and i was getting loads of results about corsas! the word 'nova' wasnt even in alot of the item names, so i was just getting a load of **** i didnt want to see.

hybridturbo
09-09-08, 12:07 PM
Yeh just go onto ebay click search (dont enter anything in the box)

Scroll down to the bottom of the page click 'opt out'

then ok!

NovaBoi92
09-09-08, 12:11 PM
aah brilliant didnt know you could do that :) nice one

novarally
09-09-08, 12:12 PM
Christ if its not broke dont fix it!

I could not agree more, why they insist on changing things I just don't know. Certainly a lot of people have stopped using it as a result of their endless rule changes etc.

Ben
09-09-08, 12:22 PM
I could not agree more, why they insist on changing things I just don't know. Certainly a lot of people have stopped using it as a result of their endless rule changes etc.

Including me, Ebay has just gone nuts, the fact that sellers are unable to leave negative feedback for buyers is the biggest joke ever.

You can buy 80% of items cheaper brand new online and most of the time things dont sell and just get relisted.

And paypal, dont get me started!

novacabrio
09-09-08, 12:52 PM
Yeh just go onto ebay click search (dont enter anything in the box)

Scroll down to the bottom of the page click 'opt out'

then ok!

Done that and it worked, but what about the my ebay bit

craig green
09-09-08, 01:00 PM
Ebay sucks! I've just done my first bit of selling. Don't think I'll bother again.

Fine for buying the odd bits & pieces but I certainly wont be lettting it rule my life like it does some.

novarally
09-09-08, 01:16 PM
Done that and it worked, but what about the my ebay bit

You can opt out of the new version of 'My EBAY' as well - I did it myself this morning.

mikey14sr
09-09-08, 01:26 PM
Tried it, hated it (looks like it's just the old my e-bay re-written in flash), binned it. Considering binning e-bay full-stop at the mo thanks to to$$ers thinking they're gonna get £200's worth of bumper for £20, it's a far cry from what it was.

tom_beverley
09-09-08, 01:30 PM
Aye, you can opt out of the new display, I did it myself a couple of days ago.

hendrix
09-09-08, 01:31 PM
Ebay is pretty toss now to be fair.
Some stuff goes for ridiculous over the odds prices, seems difficult to get a bargain anymore. However I suppose something is worth whatever someone is willing to pay for it.

Gibbo
09-09-08, 01:34 PM
iv emaild ebay about 4 times about it say i like the old one better. Thay just sent me alot of s**t back saying how its better ..

novacabrio
09-09-08, 02:07 PM
WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO I now have the old My Ebay back and the Old searches!! Christmas has come early!

Gibbo
09-09-08, 05:06 PM
i cant see the opt out thing :(

Gibbo
09-09-08, 05:06 PM
its ok got it :)

brainsnova
09-09-08, 05:09 PM
i tried it and though it was ****in ****e so i opted out. :thumb:

Mike
09-09-08, 05:11 PM
Aye, as most said, its gone pretty sh1t of late.... the new "My eBay" page is a load of toss!! Ive literally just opted out of it.

As for selling, i dunno but i make a pretty tidy monthly income from it (not every month admittadtly) and so does my better half.

I use it to rid my house of GM parts that are no longer needed and around 98% of my stuff sells. It just relates to how you sell things ;) how you word titles and knowing what things cost to post as rip off postage is a mega grip in the eBay chat forums!

ade
09-09-08, 08:26 PM
every time I log into ebay at the moment it changes! Does my fecking box in. Seems their graphics people have nowt else to do so just p1ss everyone off!