PDA

View Full Version : Screeching Sound!!!!!!!

so1o
18-10-02, 01:46 AM
[/b]i wonder if anyone can help, i got a 1988 F plate nova, and it works perfectly fine when i put my foot down, well until i switch on the heater. when i switch this on and put my foot down it makes the most awful sound, like a screeching sort of sound, man its horrible, when i switch the heater off it goes away again.

Anyone know how can i get rid of this sound coz i hate turning on the heaters because of this annoying sound.....?[b][/swf]

ade
18-10-02, 10:11 AM
if its when you accelerate - pull away from standing and the screech is coming from the engine could be alternator belt slipping. Turning heater on is drawing more current from battery and making it work more - so when accelerate your causing the alternator to turn quicker making the belt slip. c
an be adjusted easy just a simple bolt on the alternator bracket- check for wear and tension - should be able to depress it 1/4" (I think) any moe and it will scream at you, any less and it will also scfream (too tight) - check haynes for changing over - 5 minute job.

Ade

so1o
18-10-02, 12:54 PM
thanks ade i might just do that..........