PDA

View Full Version : Help!!! What Engine???

B4d_Boi_Nova
08-09-08, 02:52 AM
Does anyone have any ideas of witch engine 2 put in my little 1.2 8v nova with out goin dwn the REDTOP road. I was thinkin a 1.8 8v out of a cav??? any ideas???

mikey14sr
08-09-08, 10:06 AM
Just as much work as fitting a valver is the 1.8.

brainsnova
08-09-08, 10:09 AM
REDTOP all the way :thumb: you ll always wonder what a redtop would be like if you fit a 1.8.

Stoo
08-09-08, 10:10 AM
Its just as much work to fit most engines as it is to fit a redtop

thought about a baby XE??

Dod
08-09-08, 10:23 AM
Agreed. C16XE is tunable to 130BHP pretty easily and will out handle most (wont say all cuz it might upset a few lol) Big Blocks.

But looking at your username, spelling and grammer, are you a Chav that wont declare his mods?

craig green
08-09-08, 10:38 AM
Smallblock XE or redtop XE is the way forward.

I'm no fan of big block XE Novas but you can't argue with how capable they are when fitted/set up correctly.

If you contemplate a big block 8v you really want the multi point injection models from old Cav or Astras. Ignore the SPi from an L reg Cav or such like.

Stuart
08-09-08, 10:44 AM
and bin the text typing... first, last and only warning :D

meritlover
08-09-08, 11:39 AM
i would change it for a 1.5Td. lots of torque and cheap to run.

stevie-p
08-09-08, 12:05 PM
thers just as much work too put the 1.8 8v in the best engine you can get is the 1.6 lump in easily tunable and best of all pretty nippy but fit some twin 40's on it and polish the head!

have a look

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...MESE:IT&ih=005 (http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=150288771934&ssPageName=STRK:MESE:IT&ih=005)

B4d_Boi_Nova
08-09-08, 07:21 PM
chears for the help i think il go with the 1.6. n as far as bein a chav welll you've gota be a bit ov a chav to own a nova its the law lol

Stuart
08-09-08, 08:23 PM
READ MY POST!!!!!!!

ill be nice, LAST warning regarding text typing.

Andy
08-09-08, 08:26 PM
chears for the help i think il go with the 1.6. n as far as bein a chav welll you've gota be a bit ov a chav to own a nova its the law lol
:tard: Not quite,just you i think

stevie-p
08-09-08, 08:28 PM

yes i beleive just you too mate i have not seen a chav drive a nova for a while now seem to have fell in love with punto's and festers

silvertornado_sr
21-09-08, 02:46 AM
regards the text typing don't you people learn that some of use are dislexic and can't spell and text typing makes it easyer for us so if ya wanna be funny about it that could be class as discimination against dislexic people like my self and b4d boi nova (ash) as he is a personal friend and we both have dislexia. we try our best but some times can't spell use grammer and things like that so why be so funny about it???

Stuart
21-09-08, 09:04 AM
regards the text typing don't you people learn that some of use are dislexic and can't spell and text typing makes it easyer for us so if ya wanna be funny about it that could be class as discimination against dislexic people like my self and b4d boi nova (ash) as he is a personal friend and we both have dislexia. we try our best but some times can't spell use grammer and things like that so why be so funny about it???

I dot buy that. In my experience, Dyslexic people make MORE effort in things so their typing is merely scattered with typos as opposed to DELIBERATELY typing like fuktard who thinks that everything is limited to 160 characters and you have to cock about with an ABC keyboard lol.

a badly spelt/grammered post is more appreciated than a deliberate text type moron fest. It shows you atleast tried.

MC
21-09-08, 10:02 AM
don't

Stuart
21-09-08, 10:22 AM
ohh you got a lie in today? lol

MC
21-09-08, 10:35 AM
8:02 this morning! Your time will come.....soon!

silvertornado_sr
21-09-08, 01:46 PM
its called a dislexic person that Cant be ****d i do text type on other boards does that make me a chav no, in my opyion ur using text typing to basicly say someone is chav so if ya want png to be know as that then go for it, and thought to my self at traxs why i didn't stand with png and i'm glad now that i didn't as u probs would have slated me/my car as being chav as mine was the nova on the vauxonline stand with the bad boy bonnet! i'm not being funny but its also called the younger genuration now and they will buy nova's soon and then more text typing will come will u call then all chav's??????????

Dod
21-09-08, 01:55 PM
Yes, more than likely.

As mentioned millions of times before we're not limited to the amount of characters we use in posts in here and most of us find Text Typing annoying and pointless.

And at the end of the day, the bottom line is you dont like what you're being told, dont use the site.

brainsnova
21-09-08, 02:09 PM
i feel a ban coming on lol lol lol lol

C14se
21-09-08, 02:16 PM
Xe it (Redtop) just do the work and redtop it it will be worth it wen it all finished but try and get a C20Xe engine if you can best Xe engine i wood say

Lee
21-09-08, 02:38 PM
its called a dislexic person that Cant be ****d i do text type on other boards does that make me a chav no, in my opyion ur using text typing to basicly say someone is chav so if ya want png to be know as that then go for it, and thought to my self at traxs why i didn't stand with png and i'm glad now that i didn't as u probs would have slated me/my car as being chav as mine was the nova on the vauxonline stand with the bad boy bonnet! i'm not being funny but its also called the younger genuration now and they will buy nova's soon and then more text typing will come will u call then all chav's??????????

I have highlighted the only bits of your text we have a problem with. We don't have a problem with people miss spelling things at all, or how badly structured a sentence is. If you can spell 'THOUGHT' as well as you did up there, im pretty sure you can spell 'YOU' and 'YOU ARE' as well.

Stop being lazy, stop having little man syndrome because you think the world is against you because you struggle to spell correctly, and stop text typing because I WILL ban you the next time you use it OK?

C14se
21-09-08, 02:53 PM
lee how long will he get ban for is it for life or just a few weeks wen i frist started using png i text typed all the time but i am getting better now well i think i am lol

Andy
21-09-08, 02:58 PM
I actually find it nigh-on impossible to text type on a computer,it takes far longer.

Lee
21-09-08, 03:10 PM
lee how long will he get ban for is it for life or just a few weeks

Depends on my mood.
Considering im quitting smoking at the moment, my mood wont be a good one.

C14se
21-09-08, 03:27 PM
o OK mate and good luck with quitting smoking i have got to stop soon need more money for the nova lol

mowgli
21-09-08, 03:44 PM
the problem with text typing is that it really is difficult to do subtle comments, us old people usually understand the basics, but the devil is in the detail when using a forum, we want to help, & we want to see more novas about... on this forum, there are people who have done everything to a nova, and are still doing so, if we communicate in plain english, then EVERYBODY can read & understand it, & someone won't get some bad & costly advice.

silvertornado_sr
21-09-08, 04:08 PM
i understand mowgli but sometimes i text type, but at end of the day if this site is going to carry on the site will lose members and nova owners!
and with reactions of admin i really don't care if banned or not! as theres plenty of people to help with nova's, so lee ban me if ya want i don't mind thats the thing a ban is put there for someone wanting to use the site and at this point i don't mind

Andy
21-09-08, 04:17 PM
It wont lose members mate,they arent going to go elsewhere because they cant text type.The people who want to use the site abide by the fact that people want to understand what you are writing.Its also the rules they made up.If you dont mind being banned,then why use the site?

Lee
21-09-08, 04:53 PM
i understand mowgli but sometimes i text type, but at end of the day if this site is going to carry on the site will lose members and nova owners!
and with reactions of admin i really don't care if banned or not! as theres plenty of people to help with nova's, so lee ban me if ya want i don't mind thats the thing a ban is put there for someone wanting to use the site and at this point i don't mind
See, you CAN do it.

Despite what you obviously think, people who insist on text typing are in a minority, and most people who do so on here when they first join manage to stop by putting in a bit of effort and respecting the rules. (rules which are actually here to make the overall experience of being on here a good one for everyone, not to victimise people)

Therefore, if you honestly cant phisically stop doing it, you will be in a very small minority, and the site will carry on absolutely fine without you my friend ;)

Mike
21-09-08, 05:01 PM

Dude, whats with the negatives vibe's? Is it really that hard to abide by rules?? Has it never occured to you that text talk is soley preached by the Chavism generation? Are you a member of said cult or something?

Take on board what people are saying & you'll find a lot more poeple will help you as they'll spare the time to read a thread youve written, or answer a qeustion your asking.

C14se
21-09-08, 05:15 PM
its all true i use to text type but i not doing it now and every one help out a lot more

Philsutton
21-09-08, 05:18 PM
Anyone that uses a computer and spells things wrong ( i dont mean using board instead of bored but the spaz fcuktard u - you style) is a complete spaz. That is all, there is no excuse at all. My spelling isnt that hot but guess what? i have a computer available to me which has spell check on, thats right they all have spell check so fcuking use it.

Stuart
21-09-08, 06:00 PM
for the record, the link of text type to chav is a piss poor attempt to claim that "we" are being mean to you lol. You can be a very eloquent user of the English language, but also act as a complete and utter chav..... so sorry chap, own goal on that front ;)

Mark, I was up before you in that case lol.... damn my in ability to sleep in on weekends.

mikey14sr
21-09-08, 06:07 PM
I can't even text using text-type, lmfao!

Andy
21-09-08, 06:09 PM
I can't even text using text-type, lmfao! :wtf::p Isnt this a class of text type/abbreviation

Lee
21-09-08, 06:12 PM
:wtf::p Isnt this a class of text type/abbreviation

http://yogan.meinungsverstaerker.de/fun/stfu_and_gtfo.jpg

MC
21-09-08, 06:12 PM
Stuart - The boys normally wake up between five and six every morning, we take it in turns at the weekend getting up with them and this morning I had a lie in untill 8:00!

Oh and I can't text type, if I tried I would have to give it more effort than spelling properly, but hey I'm getting old!

Stuart
21-09-08, 06:20 PM
lol thats a lairy alarm clock.... hmmm

silvertornado_sr
21-09-08, 07:02 PM
Anyone that uses a computer and spells things wrong ( i dont mean using board instead of bored but the spaz fcuktard u - you style) is a complete spaz. That is all, there is no excuse at all. My spelling isnt that hot but guess what? i have a computer available to me which has spell check on, thats right they all have spell check so fcuking use it.

don't you think i know that phil :P i'm not thick in computer you know!

saying that someone that works on novas for a living is thick and forgets to put 2 ****ing bolts in the anti roll bars when welding is done is thick in my option so i'd shut the **** up phil if i was you! as the company that did it was jnc!

i'm sorry and will try and follow these rules (will try) hope that sovles this!

Philsutton
21-09-08, 07:08 PM
LMFAO, also I dont work on novas for a living. You dont need to worry about JNC anymore as it no longer exists so there is no possibility of that happening again.

white2lSR
21-09-08, 08:09 PM
BAN BAN BAN :witch:

NovaBoi92
21-09-08, 08:30 PM
:tumble:

John
21-09-08, 08:46 PM
Yawn. Yet another "text type" thread, which should have been help with an engine choice.

Count Vaux Alot
21-09-08, 09:04 PM
/\ lollollol yes it was worth my time reading this....

LD16v
21-09-08, 09:13 PM
Where did B4d_Boi_Nova go that started the thread? Did he get scared away?
Anyways i vote for a C20XE if he comes back.