PDA

View Full Version : Just got this of another forum.

Ernie
07-09-08, 09:48 PM
Drift masters at there best lol.
http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=6gF10m3gFLY
:D :D :D :D :D :D

ade
07-09-08, 09:51 PM
that looked nasty - seen the post crunch pics of the gold one - severe side dentage!

novacabrio
07-09-08, 09:56 PM
T-cut was on sale at the show

Dod
07-09-08, 11:36 PM
I dont get drifting, it it actually a Sport?

Did someone think, I know, lets make a form of motor sport from loosing traction to the rear end of our car. YEs, thats a good idea.

They then decided to trick out their cars at a cost of tens of thousands and they then continue to drive them in such a manor that they would be sure to stack them, as above.

Well done Jap lads. Please, go and reinvent the Atari 2600.

Stoo
07-09-08, 11:44 PM
dod have you ever seen Initial D???

Dod
07-09-08, 11:48 PM
No. Why do you ask?

Stoo
07-09-08, 11:51 PM
Never mind! :roll:

Dod
07-09-08, 11:59 PM
Just googled it. A Bunch of AE86s diffing and drifting, tbh nothing I cant see if I go 2 miles down the road. Drifting isnt anything that cant be done in a 100 quid Sierra, ok theres skill required but theres also skill required making your breakfast. Not my thing whatsoever.

NovaBoi92
08-09-08, 12:01 AM
drifting has only rescently been a sport - it used to be illegal street racing type thing started in japan. it grew so large and popular that it was officially made a sport because of its popularity. it is a well known fact that vauxhall nova's are one of the most efficient drift cars available :p

ade
08-09-08, 12:38 AM
it is a well known fact that vauxhall nova's are one of the most efficient drift cars available :p

nah mate - thats understeer

ade
08-09-08, 12:38 AM
or over steer - cannae remember which lol

large_steve182
08-09-08, 12:39 AM
depends what kind of drifting. you get silly drifting like fast and furious which makes no sense as it would be quicker to drive properly.
and theres like judge drifting on how close you can stick to the car in front and hold your drift at the perfect angle.
dod has his point depends on which way you look at it.
initial d is quite a good film though

NovaBoi92
08-09-08, 12:40 AM
drifting is cool - pointless...but cool !

large_steve182
08-09-08, 12:42 AM
i would rather watch someone drive quickly and properly than something coming round a corner sideways.
but there is fun in driving round a corner looking out your side window.

NovaBoi92
08-09-08, 12:46 AM
yup there is, not so good when you spin out and nearly die tho - happened to me a few times :) not me driving tho Lol

Hobbit
08-09-08, 03:18 AM
Just googled it. A Bunch of AE86s diffing and drifting, tbh nothing I cant see if I go 2 miles down the road. Drifting isnt anything that cant be done in a 100 quid Sierra, ok theres skill required but theres also skill required making your breakfast. Not my thing whatsoever.

:roll: have you tried it? is alot harder than it looks, you need a lim slipper, or a welded diff. ;)

mowgli
08-09-08, 08:29 AM
drifting has only rescently been a sport - it used to be illegal street racing type thing started in japan. it grew so large and popular that it was officially made a sport because of its popularity.

some japanese bloke who had tons of money was racing in a championship that he always won & was always lapping the opposition, started it by showing off on the last lap of the race. it then built up in properly run events which has now gone global......

it has as much sporting cred as ice dancing.

do not believe FFS tokyo drift, if you drove like that in a town at night, the old bill would catch you easily...........

Dod
08-09-08, 09:46 AM
:roll: have you tried it? is alot harder than it looks, you need a lim slipper, or a welded diff. ;)

Yes mate, I have actually tried it. I used to have Welded Diff Sierras for the local drift track but it just gets boring very very quickly. I had numerious BMW's also, including my current Daily driver (523i) but i'm not a chav so its not driven like a Fast and Furious Chav in public roads. :roll:

We used to have Sierras for diffing and drifting in hill roads. It wasnt 100% legal but the roads were closed off at either end, and the Guardai were notified and as long as there was nothing damaged or anything dumped no one minded.

My mate Mad Marty in his welded 1800 CVH (lol)
http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y92/Dods1/th_Clip28.jpg (http://s3.photobucket.com/albums/y92/Dods1/?action=view&current=Clip28.flv)
http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y92/Dods1/Pic052.jpg

Which ended up like this after what can only be discribed as a poor track day effort:
http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y92/Dods1/Pic085.jpg

Hobbit
08-09-08, 02:00 PM
Thats not really drifting, thats more dicking about, but fair play you had a go, i found there was never anywhere that you could really commit to a decent drift without risking hitting on coming traffic or loosing your licence, also costs a fair bit on tyres. Thats why i gave up and bought a nova :D

Dod
08-09-08, 02:02 PM
Thats not really drifting, thats more dicking about,

I used to have Welded Diff Sierras for the local drift track

Welded diffs are illegal on Road cars over here.

Hobbit
08-09-08, 02:04 PM
Good, they are a bloody stupid idea on roads. A friend of mine wanted to do it on his road car, but we bullyed him till he gave up

mayhem
08-09-08, 02:56 PM
we have drift day's here, a mate of mine is does them regularly with his opel manta. it's serious driving, not the chav with the 316 style

Breeny
08-09-08, 03:47 PM
Was chatting to my mate earlier about this, she said it was Shane Lynch that stacked it? (From Boyzone?!)

Stoo
08-09-08, 03:48 PM
Yeah it was graeme.

His careers obviously on the up and up!

L14MNP
08-09-08, 03:48 PM
All that because they de-spoilered the white 32 lol

Breeny
08-09-08, 03:51 PM
lol

What a goon! He should stick to singing.... actually hang on a minute, maybe not!! lol