PDA

View Full Version : no fuel getting to the injectors 1.4SE Help Please

Steve0011
07-09-08, 09:08 PM
i have just transplanted the complete loom and C1.4SE MPi into my car, it had a SPi engine.

get a spark at the plugs
12 volts to the fuel pump and fuel runs to the engine
injectors are working so i asume the ECU is ok

i dont get any fuel in the engine what-so-ever

any ideas

:thumb: Steve

John
07-09-08, 09:15 PM
Fuel pipes on correct way? fuel filter not blocked?

Lee
07-09-08, 09:36 PM
As above, or pump back to front? OR knackered pump.

Steve0011
07-09-08, 09:52 PM
fuel is getting as far as the fuel regulator (tried switching the return hose) pump was perfect on the other engine

i was fishing for confirmation on my thoughts :) the spi pump pressure is .7bar and the mpi pump is 3bar is the lack of pressure enough to not even open the fuel regulator (hence no fuel, not even a drop!)?

steve

BTW its an in-tank fuel pump

John
07-09-08, 10:15 PM
Try it, and then you have ruled it out.

Adam
07-09-08, 11:09 PM
Are you supplying 12v to the pump manually?

Or is it working properly from the fuel pump relay?

burgo
08-09-08, 05:02 AM
i would say its the spi pump but then again you have confused me by saying "not even open the fuel regulator" this leads me to beleave you have the fuel lines the wrong way round. return pipe comes off the fuel regulator

Steve0011
08-09-08, 10:38 AM
burgo, now you have got me confused :) haynes manual says fuel line go's to the regulator????

i will get a mpi fuel pump today and try it (pipes both ways ;))

12 volt supply is via the loom and the pump does deliver fuel as far as the reg. i know as i got a bit wet when i swapped the pipes

steve

btw thanks for the replys so far :thumb:

Lee
08-09-08, 09:06 PM
Return pipe goes to the regulator ;)

craig green
09-09-08, 12:57 PM
It really must have an MPi pump to run the engine you have fitted.

The pressurised feed from the pump should be plumbed into the fuel rail & the return should come from the regulator. The reg holds back the fuel until the desired pressure (2.5bar) is met, at which point the reg opens and allows excess fuel pressure back to the tank & so on, maintaining 2.5 bar.

The regulator on the C14 & 16SE look different to the earlier GTE ones. I know the GTE type I had are easy to look at & understand the rail & pipe directions of flow etc.

Steve0011
12-09-08, 02:28 PM
sorted the fuel problem

got a motorsport upgade pump (in tank) and the return is as you all say from the regulator

thanks

s