PDA

View Full Version : cadburys adverts

burgo
07-09-08, 09:58 AM
has anyone noticed they've changed the music and also play them back to back on channel 4

Mazz
07-09-08, 10:08 AM
I saw 2 yesterday back to back while watching King King. They were the drumming gorilla and some random airport trucks on a runway. WTF they have to do with chocolate i don't know!

Mazz
07-09-08, 10:12 AM
This one had different music : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TnzFRV1LwIo

And this one : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dEPEpXHa7Fs

Mike
07-09-08, 10:37 AM
Its a very cunning advertising ploy Mazz ;) an advert thats gets people talking and something you wont forget easy ;) like the WKD adverts.

loggyboy
07-09-08, 11:23 AM
I thought the 1st 2 (gorrilla playing genesis and airport with queen) were really clever and a great way marketing, they got loads of people talking. I was looking forward to the next one being as random. But simply replaying the same ones over 2 different songs was cheap and has ruined the whole campaign for me. My asumption was it was some brainless corporate dickhead who told the marketing guys to do it to try and tag on to the popularity of the previous 2. FAIL

burgo
07-09-08, 01:38 PM
I thought the 1st 2 (gorrilla playing genesis and airport with queen) were really clever and a great way marketing, they got loads of people talking. I was looking forward to the next one being as random. But simply replaying the same ones over 2 different songs was cheap and has ruined the whole campaign for me. My asumption was it was some brainless corporate dickhead who told the marketing guys to do it to try and tag on to the popularity of the previous 2. FAILexactly

Jack
07-09-08, 02:07 PM
Yup, although it has worked in the form of people taking notice - this thread is proof of that - its failed at adding value to the product, in fact IMO its lost value.

Before, you saw the adverts and you felt positive about the product and marketing. Now, you're more likely to just think they've sold out and won't bother buying their rubbish.

mowgli
07-09-08, 07:58 PM
All the cadbury ads are in vain. I buy decent continental chocolate from Lidl at half the price......

ade
07-09-08, 10:14 PM
All the cadbury ads are in vain. I buy decent continental chocolate from Lidl at half the price......

I agree!

I feel a letter of complaint coming on to Cadbury's. they should get their money back from the marketeers who saw them coming!

Dod
07-09-08, 11:41 PM
After listening to them, I just bought the Power Ballids Album including Queen, the Champions, Meatloaf, Bat out of Hell, Belinda Carlisle, Holding out for a Hero.

I am Cheese.

ade
08-09-08, 12:40 AM
bugger - now I've got bat outta hell in my head! HATE that song...

Still wanna know what meatloaf meant when he said I'll do anything for love but I wont do that!

Cadbury's chocolate starfish anyone?

NovaBoi92
08-09-08, 12:45 AM
after watching that i feel like eating some cadbury's - dont know why tho? hmm. . . and yes please ade - Cadbury's chocolate starfish :) private message it to me cheers

Dod
08-09-08, 09:53 AM
bugger - now I've got bat outta hell in my head! HATE that song...

Still wanna know what meatloaf meant when he said I'll do anything for love but I wont do that!

Cadbury's chocolate starfish anyone?

Think Strap on. ;)

Jack
08-09-08, 01:01 PM
Exercise.

Dod
08-09-08, 01:05 PM
Oi Dont Dis the Meatloaf.

Although while cruising along in the 5 Series I found an album with the full length "Bat out of Hell" song which caused me to loose my voice as I sang (read: Screamed) along.