PDA

View Full Version : twin 40 filter & PUMP

mikeoxford
16-10-02, 11:06 PM
hi twin 40 owners - lol if anyone else reads the post helo to you to :lol:

erm

basically jsut want to know if i fit a fuel filter how where and what one!?

i dont want it to restrict the 40s

thanks
mike

Austin_Nova16
16-10-02, 11:50 PM
You will in no way hinder any performance which the 40's give you by fitting a fuel filter.

Are you running a leccy pump?

anyway.......just get a cheap 50p fuel filter and place it just before the fuel fump.

Job done!

mikeoxford
17-10-02, 11:07 AM
i am running a manual pump that came with the twin 40 setup, it is slightly different from the original one so i thought it must be a higher spec one to push more fuel, the previous engine i bought it off was running 101 bhp so i assume this was a healthy setup (with other mods of cause)

would you recommend a leccy fuel pump also then???

cheers :D
mike

rob.slader
17-10-02, 04:30 PM
Mike, do you mean you are running a mechanical pump? If so do you know how it is different to the standard one? On mine I have a fuel filter in line just before the fuel pump, near the side of the suspension struts. Go for a slimline one, they look much neater than the big bulky ones! I am running the standard 1400sr mechanical fuel pump too. I was wondering myself if it's worth getting an uprated fuel pump, I would rather just replace the mechanical one and not have to bother wth wires everywhere. Not had any problems though as it is.

Austin_Nova16
17-10-02, 05:05 PM
Maybe the pump you have mike, is off a carbed 1.6 cav or summut. Slightly bigger to supply a bit for fuel. A leccy pump probably ain't needed.....but you certainly wouldn't wanna use both!

mikeoxford
17-10-02, 08:37 PM
well i have been running a standard 1.4SR pump for a week and a half, no problems it seems, the pump on the other engine APPEARS to have slighlty bigger outlets and they are in a different place - still around the outside but imagine a clock face they are pointing at different hours, also on the other pump there is a screw head on it. i dont know what this does but after reading another fuel filter post recently i THINK it is to get to an integral filter, im not sure.

i am going to grab the part number off it and run it through the EPC when i get it back (left it at my m8s when doing the conversion :oops: )

i did think, as austin said wether it may be a bigger spec pump.

lol at using both pumps ;) i know you have to make a plate and block the old mech pump off!! :wink:

lol this is turning into a long post - anyway didnt know if i would see much benefit in running a different pump or an electric one instead of the 1.4

im assuming people use the leccy pump to pump a bit of fuel in prior to starting, because i know as it is without my choke at the moment it takes 2 attempts to start