PDA

View Full Version : fuel pressure regulator

*Dave*
06-09-08, 09:37 AM
hi on my gsi my fuel line split next to the pump but just after the pump the is , what looks like to me a fuel pressure regulator. this is also leaking.

i have bypassed this but now my car idle's very lumpy.

i assume the regulator is needed as it was fine before.

do calibra 8v's have these because i have 1 at the moment, as i need the regulator for tomorrow to go TRAX.

thanks. dave

mowgli
06-09-08, 10:15 AM
its job is to smooth out the fuel flow, so the lumpy idle is because of it. it will run without it, but it is better with

*Dave*
06-09-08, 10:18 AM
GREAT THANKS.

my mate (novaboyleon) has 1 from his old cav gsi, would this work?

1.6 8v turbo nova
06-09-08, 11:16 AM
hmm im having a similer problem with mine, my regulator bleeps when i first turn the ignition on, and keeps beeping when started for 20 secs or so. I let my car warm up in a morning before i go out, but sometimes half way down the road, it starts spitting and splurting, and wont move even with full throttle.. This down to the fuel pressure regulator? And also sometimes i have a nice tick over, and other times its lumpy. Simply changing the regulator will cure all off these problems? or is it something else? lol

mowgli
06-09-08, 12:25 PM
hmm im having a similer problem with mine, my regulator bleeps when i first turn the ignition on, and keeps beeping when started for 20 secs or so. I let my car warm up in a morning before i go out, but sometimes half way down the road, it starts spitting and splurting, and wont move even with full throttle.. This down to the fuel pressure regulator? And also sometimes i have a nice tick over, and other times its lumpy. Simply changing the regulator will cure all off these problems? or is it something else? lol

I think you might have other problems, this thread is about the flow damper device under the back end by the pump. as far as I know, they have never made any noises.

I think you have an issue with the Air flow meter, or maybe there is debris in the fuel & it is blocking up the filter.