PDA

View Full Version : Driver headlight

Adam Moran
16-10-02, 08:33 PM
My drivers side headlight (mk2) has come out of the little clip underneth it. How do you get it back in and keep it there???

Cheers

AJ

ade
16-10-02, 08:49 PM
when you say its come out do you mean the clip has come away from the body of the car or the light has come out of the clip.

If the former, and the lower clip hasnt snapped off, you can clip it back in to the car (the shelf bit where the light sits - you can see the small hole from under the car up the wheel arch if you follow it round).

If the latter - the clip on the light housing has either come out of the white box part of the clip or the housing on the light has snapped off. This is usually caused by the grips (2 teeth) in the box bit of the light clip snapping off. If this is the case you will need a new one. If the box bit of the clip still has its two grip teeth, check the clip part on the back of the headlamp housing. If this has snapped off, you will need to fashion one and glue it on inplace (cheaper than buying a new headlight!)

Be careful when popping the light back into the box part of the clip - too much pressure or slamming it in may damage the clips on the lower or box parts.

Also make sure your lights are realigned - specially with winter and dark nights - dont want to dazzle peeps now do we

:D 8)

Ade

Chris LR
16-10-02, 09:31 PM
This happened to me not 2 weeks ago, one of the clips to the headlight had snapped, 46p from Vauxhall.

I would reccommed removing the headlight when re-fitting. I had to give the light a GOOD push back into position to get it back in.

Adam Moran
16-10-02, 10:04 PM
Cheers Guys - looks like im off to the vaux dealer then!!

AJ