PDA

View Full Version : An interesting Question for you all

Dod
05-09-08, 02:35 PM
If you put Opel Badges on a Vauxhall Nova, you're changing the cars identity. Opel and Vauxhall are 2 seperate companys and therefore 2 different Manafacturers. So if a cop stops you in your Opel Badged Nova, and he reports it as an Opel Corsa and your cars details dont match, what happens then?

BIGS
05-09-08, 02:36 PM
well thats easy, you say you bought the car like it :thumb:

Dod
05-09-08, 02:38 PM
Ok, I buy a Honda with a Ford Badge on it, I sant just say I bought the car like that. In the eyes of the Law Ignorance is NO excuse.

Hobbit
05-09-08, 02:45 PM
A friend of mine got pulled in his 200sx, the copper went round to the front and saw the badge said "insane" so he wrote it up as that. Never got any trouble for it.

But the same copper did check how hot the front tyres were cause there was reports of people doin burn outs. :roll:

Pistol Pete
05-09-08, 02:54 PM
Why did he check the front tyres then, lol?!

Surely the cops will just go off the reg?! But i take your point.

Dod
05-09-08, 02:56 PM
It doent make a difference to me, as I have both but I see lots of people Turning their Vauxhalls into Opels. Surely its illegal.

Stuart
05-09-08, 02:57 PM
but if you debage a car is it then made by no one?

For peoples birthdays I get them a badge with just the last digit of their age... does it make them X decades younger... NO.

Its all in the documentation/chassis number/reg numbers

Dod
05-09-08, 03:00 PM
Ah, i get you now, but at the time he/she could cause a bit of aggro if the titles didnt match up, they're not going to check the Vin/Chassis numbers there and then. I'd imagine its an impound job.

Hobbit
05-09-08, 03:02 PM
Why did he check the front tyres then, lol?!

Surely the cops will just go off the reg?! But i take your point.

cause he wasnt a traffic cop and had no clue.

i think they just write down what they think it is then go off and check it from the reg, if you have a number plate off a fiesta on your nova they would get funny, but other than that i cant see a problem.

but it might make you more likely to get pulled over, but if you have nothing dodgy in your car thats not a problem

Lee
05-09-08, 03:06 PM
I debadged my Jetta and the poor copper who stopped me on a random check had absolutely no clue what it was lol.

He also checked my baccy tin for resin, which happened to have the legend 'I Slow Down For Gatso's.... Then Speed Up' on it lol

craig green
05-09-08, 04:42 PM
My Fiesta has a Rock Shox sticker on the back, does that entice a copper to book me for an offence..? NO.

L14MNP
05-09-08, 04:44 PM
:) My old MTB has Rock Shox

As previously said, it's the ID/chassis numbers etc that give the car its ID

Ste L
05-09-08, 05:07 PM
when they PMC the car it will still come up as a vauxhall so it doesn't matter...