PDA

View Full Version : 1.2 engine problems

danielyoung
16-10-02, 08:13 PM
Just a quick question for someone, anyone! my nova has suddenly decided to jump in every gear it feels like its missing, but can really notice it in 1st and 2nd any idea what it cud b?
Its a standard 1.2 carb engine

ade
16-10-02, 08:43 PM
when you say jump in every gear, do you mean it wont go in gear (jumps out of gear) or that the car stutters and kangaroos around when put into gear (like to clutch has been lifted up too quick).

If the former, prob gear box

If latter - clutch?

Only a guess

My 1.2 occasionally kangaroos around when going v slow in 2nd - usually when cold

Ade

Manta Mad
16-10-02, 10:06 PM
Difficult to say really, might be an ignition problem causing it to miss, check the simple things like spark plugs, if ignition leads are loose or in bad condition, check rotor arm for wear and dissy cap including centre 'plunger' point that makes contact with rotor arm. I have had this problem in the past and on one occassion it was the centre plunger that had broken. Another time it was an ignition lead that had broken down where it connected to the spark plug.

Otherwise, might be a fuel problem such as fuel starvation or air leak into inlet system. :(