PDA

View Full Version : Interior trimmer messing me around.

krobinson
04-09-08, 08:02 PM
Folks,

As some of you know, the only thing holding up my Nova turbo is the Interior.

Well I dropped it off early April this year, and the guy said it would be ready for 5th June.

Delays in getting the material means he didnt get the material until mid july. He hadn't started anything by early august, but requested payment for the material (£765)

He said he'd have the rear seats done within a week, which would have been 12 august. I've rang him almost every day since this date and he hasn't answered his mobile to me. I eventually got a friend to call and she said he answered straight away, she asked him to call me, he said he would straight away, however he hasn't rang back (over an hour ago)

TBH i'm very very angry with the whole situation, his phone is obviously with him, as it's always turned on and charged, always rings. But he never answers. There is obviously something up.

Now, I need an answer ASAP on what's going on, or i'm going to have to attempt to get my interior and money back, can anyone give me some advice on what to do next?

Keith

shy witness
04-09-08, 08:07 PM
awk mate....thats a bloody nitemare for you.

i'm sure your busting to get your car finished.

it sounds like he's really fooking you about.

wher aboutrs is teh guy in question keith??.......is he not local enough to call in on....and see whats really happening??

mowgli
04-09-08, 08:09 PM
we had similar trouble some years ago with our front room curtains...

the cure was to go round & make a nuisance of yourself, by being all charming & polite & asking if there is any problem with the job, and offering to take them away & getting someone else to do them

Nick J
04-09-08, 08:10 PM
I think Id be asking for your interior and the materials you have paid for mate! Maybe then he'd take you seriously and get on with it?

Benn
04-09-08, 08:31 PM
Gotta say i'd do what nick said. This long hes taking the piss.

amggsi
04-09-08, 08:36 PM
we had similar trouble some years ago with our front room curtains...

the cure was to go round & make a nuisance of yourself, by being all charming & polite & asking if there is any problem with the job, and offering to take them away & getting someone else to do them

I would be doing something similar, if he was anyway decent, he'd get his finger out!!!

Lee
04-09-08, 08:38 PM
Keith, I hope you get more enjoyment out of driving the car than you have building it. Its been one useless supplier after another hasn't it!

wilson_sri
04-09-08, 08:48 PM
Get on the phone to trading standards. Although its blatant that he is messing you about and your in the right, they will clear everything up and let you know exactly where you stand on the situation.
They will more than likely send you to a form on the trading standards website that will back you up. Then tell you to write a hand writen letter requesting that he either has the interior done by a certain time or gives you a full refund. Enclose a copy of the document given to you by trading standards with the letter. Photocopy the letter and keep a copy for yourself. He is then legally obligied to carry out the work, or give you a full refund.

Andy
04-09-08, 08:52 PM
How come you had to pay 1st before anything got started? Hes blatantly avoiding you,thats obvious.I personally would be going down there and demanding to know what the fukk he was playing at,and that it wouldnt be the seats getting stitches...........

Mike
04-09-08, 08:59 PM
Get a solicitor to contact him :thumb: he'll soon get his @ss in gear once threatened with legal action.

Martin
04-09-08, 09:08 PM
IIRC kieth had it all sent over to the UK to be done..

Get the adress up Mate, some1 wil be close

L14MNP
04-09-08, 09:19 PM
It's not Kish is it?

Cormac
04-09-08, 09:54 PM
Personally id break his legs, give me a shout if you need a hand ;-)

Breeny
04-09-08, 10:54 PM
Citizens Advice Beurau or trading standards - consumer protection act assuming it's a legit company?

peester
05-09-08, 12:05 AM
If possible, visit him in person - cant hide as easily then like over a phone..
Ide be pretty confident he's really getting on with it now - if youve been phoning everyday,... he's just avoiding so he doesnt have to hear a heated customer or bad mouthing,..?
Will prob get back to u when its done, probably soon.

brainsnova
05-09-08, 12:09 AM
last time i sent my very big mate round and it was swiftly started on that week :thumb:

Dod
05-09-08, 10:48 AM
Mate, if you like, I, or I'm sure someone else on here can make contact on your behalf and see whats going on.

Out of interest, who is doing the retrim? Have you an email address or fax? Have you left messages or even Text this person? Worst case mate, it might be worth traveling over, landing to his place of work and demanding your goods, finished or not there and then.

Rich
05-09-08, 12:56 PM
Try calling him yourself from someone elses phone?

Most fustrating thing in the world when you cant do anything until somone else does!

craig green
05-09-08, 02:14 PM
Its one of two scenario's IMO.

He is either; intending to take you for a ride (rip off) - lets hope not or he simply isnt making your job a priority.
Secondly; He knows you arent even in the UK, and probably intends to just keep putting things off until he can be ar$ed, no doubt the time has run away with him & he has forgotten how long its taken.

Trading Standards would be my avenue of choice, they'll be on his case within a week.

Its unacceptable & you should think about naming & shaming the re-trimmer in order that other project builders don't end up using the same guy.

Andy_L
05-09-08, 02:26 PM
He answered straight away to your friend? Tried ringing from a different number to see if he'll answer to you??

If you can't get there I'd do as Mike suggests and get a solicitors letter sent round to him.

He's taking you for a ride me thinks.

But for next time don't ever pay the full amount before getting your result, pay half at the very most.

Name and shame

Stoo
05-09-08, 02:46 PM
I love forum gangsters

'id go round do this and that'
'id send my big burly mate round'

Coolest mother funkers on the earth!!
What on earth good is that gonna do??

As other people have said keith, threats of physical violence etc are pointless. Legal action is the only way to get things done properly!

Dod
05-09-08, 02:48 PM
I'd kill him til he's dead.

Seriously mate, go over, get your stuff off him, pay whatever he needs and leave. Where'd Beaney get his interior done? Try there instead?

krobinson
05-09-08, 06:33 PM
He finally called me today, and cleared up why he hasnt been in touch with some valid reasons. These are backed up by his neighbour who hasnt seen his car in 3 weeks.

He said give him two weeks and he'll have it sorted, I said the wait wasnt the main worry, but the lack of contact was, so he'll keep in touch from now on.

I'll let you know if things turn nasty again.

Thanks guys,

Keith

vaughanmc
05-09-08, 06:51 PM
Nice one Keith glad to see its kind of sorted out

You'l be glad once you get the interior back and fitted :)

Pistol Pete
05-09-08, 07:53 PM
At least he rang you and gave you an explanation. That counts for alot in my book. Hope you get it back soon. Oh and get some pics up. Your Nova is a stand out one for me!

mowgli
05-09-08, 09:40 PM
you might say that threats don't work, but last year our firm tidied up a field, dug a pond, brought in a few hundred tons of good soil, regrassed it & basically turned it into a large lawn. the client simply wouldn't pay up & kept finding ever pettier reasons why he shouldn't part with £6000.

SO one morning, we reversed a low loader up his drive & unchained a 16t excavator. then we knocked on his door & asked for the money. The refused so we struck up the 16 tonner. he asked what we were doing & he was told that if the money wasn't forthcoming, we were repossessing the soil, & filling the pond in....He threatened to call the police, & we told him to go ahead because by the time they got there, the job would be done.

we got the money

ade
05-09-08, 11:31 PM
apmsl!

direct action! Love it!

DAN-F
06-09-08, 02:21 AM
police dont exactly do a lot anyway do they, would have took them 2 days to get there lol

mowgli
06-09-08, 11:07 AM
police dont exactly do a lot anyway do they, would have took them 2 days to get there lol

precisely, especially when they realise its a civil (there is nothing civil about threatening to dig a huge hole in someones garden) matter....

Mike
06-09-08, 11:14 AM
you might say that threats don't work, but last year our firm tidied up a field, dug a pond, brought in a few hundred tons of good soil, regrassed it & basically turned it into a large lawn. the client simply wouldn't pay up & kept finding ever pettier reasons why he shouldn't part with £6000.

SO one morning, we reversed a low loader up his drive & unchained a 16t excavator. then we knocked on his door & asked for the money. The refused so we struck up the 16 tonner. he asked what we were doing & he was told that if the money wasn't forthcoming, we were repossessing the soil, & filling the pond in....He threatened to call the police, & we told him to go ahead because by the time they got there, the job would be done.

we got the money

Sounds like a tiler i know lol a women wouldnt pay him for a kitchen he tiled (he supplied all tiles and mateirials) so he removed every last tile & all the tile adhesive, tile trim, the lot lol lol being as it was all his until he was paid for the job lol

RJM25R
06-09-08, 01:29 PM

we got the money

No offence, BUT thats a fcuking useless post! It's the exact opposite of what position keith is in! You're company have done the work, and cust is refusing to pay! Keith is the cust who has payed, and the company haven't done the work.

Whats Keith gonna threaten to do? At best, take his business elsewhere? The struggle will be that there is no written contract I'll bet!

mowgli
06-09-08, 02:50 PM
No offence, BUT thats a fcuking useless post! It's the exact opposite of what position keith is in! You're company have done the work, and cust is refusing to pay! Keith is the cust who has payed, and the company haven't done the work.

Whats Keith gonna threaten to do? At best, take his business elsewhere? The struggle will be that there is no written contract I'll bet!

as far as I can tell, the problem is the same, one has something that the other one needs & is legally entitled to........

you don't need a written contract, a verbal one is legally binding.

Indirect action, via trading standards is useless, I know, I once weighed a rotten car in & miraculously 3 weeks later, it appeared for sale with 9months mot on it (bloke bought it off scrapper, & worked at the mot garage). trading standards said the mot was legal, even after I pointed out that he had motted it about 9 weeks before he had bought it??????

some poor soul got stuffed & I got frustrated with the law....

direct action, in the right way, works well

Cormac
06-09-08, 11:38 PM
I love forum gangsters

'id go round do this and that'
'id send my big burly mate round'

Coolest mother funkers on the earth!!
What on earth good is that gonna do??

As other people have said keith, threats of physical violence etc are pointless. Legal action is the only way to get things done properly!

You live a very sheltered life? wrapped in cotton wool maybe?

Legal action? he wants this sorted now not next year..

Anyways think he's had some contact from the fella, says he's been really busy and promices the interier will be ready in 2 weeks.. Not sure what keiths for doing but id say he may aswell give him the 2 extra weeks and see what happens!

Stoo
07-09-08, 12:00 AM
Far far from a sheltered life cormac, if only you knew!

I just know from experience, violence/threats/abuse gets you no-where
If anything itll make him dig his heels in.

Presuming, keith being keith, its a fairly funking mint interior he has been given to trim, and if that being the case, I, for one would not like to be winding the guy up as they are few and far between nowadays.

Anyhow, contact has been made, we'll see what happens in two weeks.