PDA

View Full Version : Do you ever get the feeling your Nova hates you?

Hobbit
04-09-08, 07:44 PM
It all started a week ago on my way to work, was acelerating up a his when it suddenly died, i popped the bonnet wiggled a few wires and still nothing. #so i popped off the dizzy cap to have a look, and noticed the rotor arm had snapped.

Not a huge problem so the next day i picked up a new one from the local auto factor. Fitted it put it all back together and nothing, it still wouldnt fire. I pulled it all apart to have another look, the dizzy was looking pretty crappy, with a little spring snapped, so i thought balls to it i'll buy a new one, which is a pain as they dont make them anymore.

Anyway i found one, used a hanes manual to fit it, put it all back together and... you guessed it, still wouldnt start. :wall:

So i threw all my toys out the pram and called my mechanic, he towed it to his garage and calls me up an hour or so later to say its all ready to pick up.

It had shreaded the inside of the cam belt, nice, funk knows how. Well its all sorted now . but im sure the car hates me.

Pistol Pete
04-09-08, 07:53 PM
lol, the joys of cars. Happens to all of us!

AlexW
04-09-08, 07:56 PM
Get the feeling all the time. Although i still love it.

Hobbit
04-09-08, 08:03 PM
oh yeah i still love it, and i give it a fair amount of abuse back.

Mike
04-09-08, 08:05 PM
Mine hates me, and I hate it :D

Hobbit
04-09-08, 08:09 PM
mutual respect then?

Lee
04-09-08, 08:31 PM
I leave mine cowering in a draughty barn for most of the year.

This is why it explodes catastrophically at any oppertunity lol

Andy
04-09-08, 08:34 PM
There has been a few times when ive felt like smashing it up,i have to admit i have raised my hand to her lol

Benn
04-09-08, 08:41 PM
I leave mine cowering in a draughty barn for most of the year.

This is why it explodes catastrophically at any oppertunity lol

lol lol lol Getting its own back.

Martin
04-09-08, 08:49 PM
My hatch must hate me coz every time i go out it i end up poking another hole in it lol

Andy
04-09-08, 08:55 PM
Isnt that soul destroying when that happens

Martin
04-09-08, 09:01 PM
yeah the floor apears to be falling out lol..

meh wil have the loon soon funk it

Benn
04-09-08, 09:41 PM
I used to all the time. But that was having a sh*te engine in that, everything i did the car would fight.. Now shes much better like when i first go it.
I remember going the sump gasket on my mates drive with it snowing around use while being under the car.. Yet it didnt dip a drop.

Dod
05-09-08, 10:50 AM
You only think you have it tough. I have 6 Novas, and 7, 8 and 9 coming this weekend!!!

scottishstu
05-09-08, 10:59 AM
dod!
you gready bas.......lol why so many mate?

ye i love to hate my nova last night i did anyway fitting a brake pipe pain in the ass,if you treat her right she treat u right lol,have u noticed that we all call our novas HER??? LOL

Dod
05-09-08, 11:05 AM
I just found them, all reasonably priced and in decent nick and I want to Breed them.

TBH, Taking care of a Nova (in my experience) leads to as much failage as abusing a Nova. Its only when you're being cautious or spent all day working at it or polishing it that something happens. Sadistic *******s they are!! lol

Andy
05-09-08, 11:05 AM
Would you drive a man?? lol

twistysnovagte
05-09-08, 11:24 AM
to be honest the only problem ive had so far is a bust radiator on the motor way,touch wood.but wasnt a problem as the babys "chewits" plugged it up until the next service station,where i could let it cool down then top it up with water,held for another 25 mile to blackpool,spent the day/night there(rapidweld who told you thatlol) and made the same journey home,with the "starwberry chewits"doin there job of loosing minimun amounts of water:D,got her home and managed to source a brand new radiator from ebay!:) happy dayslol

Hobbit
05-09-08, 12:38 PM
Mines a "Her" but its no lady.

And its good to know treat them bad or good and they still bite you in the ass.