PDA

View Full Version : Nova (MK2) Hazard Light Button

nova_Tom
04-09-08, 01:44 AM
Hey there everyone im looking for a Hazard light button for the Mk2 Nova. My one is completely broke, and i have an M.O.T coming up at the end of the month.

I am able to pay by PayPal, and would rather it be posted (so obviously willing to pay for postage)

Thanks so much guys! Appretiate your help!!:thumb:

RSTChris
04-09-08, 09:27 AM
I have a garaunteed minter £20 posted

brainsnova
04-09-08, 10:44 AM
you could always take the spring out so its a pull and push switch :thumb:

loggyboy
04-09-08, 10:46 AM
www.novahazardswitch.co.uk (http://www.novahazardswitch.co.uk)

nova_Tom
04-09-08, 11:21 AM
BrainsNova : Will that work? lol.. I mean if i was to do that would i pass through the M.o.t?

Thanks for the Link loggyboy, but it says they are currently out of stock, and it doesnt really go into detail about what this "Modification kit" is. if you could shed some light then i would greatly appretiate it, as it would be cheaper than buying a second hand switch.
Thanks again for you help guys!

Spudly
04-09-08, 11:38 AM
Part the switch, if you look on the bottom where the pins come through you will see a little tad/plastic leg clipping it in at each corner, pry these carefully with a small screwdriver and slide the internals out. (you need to pull the button off the front iirc give it a good pull and off it pops)

Then you will see two long springs down either side of the internals, remove both reassemble, instant unbreakable switch, pull to turn on, push in to turn off. Easy!

nova_Tom
04-09-08, 08:21 PM
Thanks for the advice SRspudly, gonna go get it out of my car now and give it a try...looks like u could of just save me £20+ quid sir!!

Thanks again everyone!

dan23
04-09-08, 08:42 PM
i have one that works fine but the front bottom is missing

i d send it special delivery (£7

nova_Tom
04-09-08, 09:40 PM
well there yah go, my first peice of D.I.Y on the car and it went tits up lol. I followed ur instructions SRspudly, and it was going so well, but then the reassembly started, and once i got it back together it was even more fooked lol..at least befor i started tampering with it, i could use my indicators, but now it wont let me put them on.
I either have my hazards on and thats it, or no hazards and No indicators. Cant win:(

But thanks for your help everyone, my dad has just spoke to a friend who deals in vauxhall spares and he sholuld be able to sort us out with one. Thanks again everyone!!

loggyboy
09-09-08, 02:15 PM
BrainsNova : Will that work? lol.. I mean if i was to do that would i pass through the M.o.t?

Thanks for the Link loggyboy, but it says they are currently out of stock, and it doesnt really go into detail about what this "Modification kit" is. if you could shed some light then i would greatly appretiate it, as it would be cheaper than buying a second hand switch.
Thanks again for you help guys!

Its not a kit, its a service. send them (me) your switch and they send it back modified.

;)