PDA

View Full Version : switches.........

mikeoxford
16-10-02, 11:03 AM
Hi all.

Im after one of those square switches, like in the calibra, the heated seat ones, or the front and rear fog lights, them little square ones,

but im after one with a picture of a fan or similar on it.......

what does anyone reckon?

is there any? only one i can come up with is if there is a aircon switch??

couldnt think of anything else.

i am going to look on the EPC tonight if i can get it to install under XP - doubtful tho

jon_boy
16-10-02, 11:41 AM
y'alright mike, i'll have a look. i got one for heated seats . might have a few more, i'll check then get back to ya, jon

mikeoxford
16-10-02, 11:54 AM
hi m8

primarily im after the same design switch, but with a fan picture or similar on it

any good?

does anyone know if there is such a thing or similar?

thanks
mike

ade
16-10-02, 07:05 PM
You can get the switche3s from vauxhall for about ?5 - they have a little light in them.

The picture doesnt illuminate so can easily be removed.

To get the image you want you need letreset - that transfer lettering stuff that you rub on with a pencil. very good and thousands of designs. Get a catalogue from a decent art shop and you'll moe than likely fond the pic you want. Dirt cheap for a full pack too!
:wink:

Ade

mikeoxford
16-10-02, 10:29 PM
hmm.....

got me puzzled this one

firstly ade..... dont light up!?!?! dont light up m8? my heated seat switches do and they lok class in the dark :D along with my second fog lamp switch

the pictures illuminate and then when you click them on the yelow line above comes on

as for my lickle problem the best i can come up with (or a mig member actually!) is in cav or calibra turbos when they have aircon, the recirculating switch is thre arrows in a circle, it isnt quite what im after but itll do

i undertsnad your lettreset idea (have seen them myself to make fake ID back in the day ;), and if ihad a decnt art shop id try it! cant be arsed really

rather buy the ?8 switch from vaux and be done with it!!
thnx for you help guys

if you come up with a better switch let me know!

ade
18-10-02, 10:03 AM
my standard fog light only lights up when its turned on (glows yellow) but the graphic on the front doesnt ( :( ) but yours does? wish mine did...

Come to think of it neither does the new one I bought. :(

Be a real mess on to make it work too - unless you cut the front off the seitch totally and sent it off to be etched - far too faffy!

mikeoxford
18-10-02, 11:12 AM
well my heated seats are illuminated when the ignition switch turns on - the fog lamp switches only become active or illuminated when the sidelights are on

thus meaning you can only put the fog lights on when at least the sidelights are on

bob
18-10-02, 12:27 PM
alrite mate,hows it going?- was it hard to install the heated seat elements etc? I quite fancy em in mine!-wot u after the switches for? Im curious cos Im after fitting more whirly gubbins in my car(thats mod cons to u n me)

mikeoxford
18-10-02, 08:20 PM
lol heated seats were fiddly to get the first seat done, after figuring out how the seat cover came off piece of pi$$

VERY easy mod and dosent cost that much and is quite a fun and simple mod.

im after just a switch with a fan on it so i can use it to power a fan LOL (all will be reveled) if it works!! the best i can come up with so far is the three arrow recirculating air con one.

heated seats are one of my favourite mods, just because really there so trick and there a minter in this cold weather. also everything went to plan and they went straight in with no probs lol

wire a realy in if you do it.

as for your prbs ade.

there is a grey green wire, the sidelights, which is wired to the switch to make it illuminate. the second fog thing you put in - does it have all the pins used on the back? maybe you have just wired it wrong. PM me ill help you if you wanna sort it.

i had to figure wiring for two switches with 5 pins, a relay, two power supplies so i think ill manage this one!

thanks
mike