PDA

View Full Version : roof vinyl colouring

Tidy Max
03-09-08, 09:00 AM
Just wondering if it is possible or if anyone has painted/dyed/coloured the roof vinyl in their nova (im assuming its vinyl!).

Wouldnt mind doing it, but i can see the massive list of donts haha, thanks very much

Dod
03-09-08, 10:06 AM
I've seen them spray painted but removing the roof lining is a nightmare mate, a NIGHTMARE!!!

Go to a scrappie and try and remove one as a spare, worst case senario, you'll see why not many people have done it.

Stoo
03-09-08, 10:14 AM
removing the roof lining is a nightmare mate, a NIGHTMARE!!

understatement alert!!!!!

Tidy Max
03-09-08, 10:56 AM
hahaha i was checking that out on my way to work this morning, and couldnt really see a feasible way of doing it! the other problem i thought was if i spray it, it may mishape and not be able to fit back! just thought it was worth asking though!

might just get some black gaffer tape and stick strips down neatly so you cant see the joins :thumb:

thanks lads!

(the gaffer thing was a joke by the way haha)

L14MNP
03-09-08, 12:19 PM
How about Halfords vinyl paint? My mate has just done the vinyl headlining in his mini, in situ. Looks good. Nice coverage, not A1 but a 90% decent job given the materials used and the environment done in (outside with no windows/doors) lol

Tidy Max
03-09-08, 01:32 PM
ahh, did it not drip off the roof and onto his interior? as that is my main worrry!! what colour did he do it? i may just give it a go and cry about it when it goes wrong!

brainsnova
03-09-08, 01:35 PM
just take out the interior 30 min job max and cover the dash with a sheet. then mask up and go mad with the spray

L14MNP
03-09-08, 02:03 PM
ahh, did it not drip off the roof and onto his interior? as that is my main worrry!! what colour did he do it? i may just give it a go and cry about it when it goes wrong!
No interior in mate, but no drips lol. Just give it a few light coats. It's black. 7 quid a tin stuff. Took two tins for good coverage. Gets a nicer finish than ordinary car paint.

http://public.fotki.com/marksheridan/car-stuff-1/mini/mini-resto/img4355.htmlhttp://public.fotki.com/marksheridan/car-stuff-1/mini/mini-resto/img4355.htmlhttp://public.fotki.com/marksheridan/car-stuff-1/mini/mini-resto/img4355.html

See that link, it won't let me link the pic for some ghey reason.

Tidy Max
03-09-08, 02:11 PM
pretty tasty that!! think that maybe my sunday day job :) nice one chaps!

L14MNP
03-09-08, 02:17 PM
Nice one mate. Nothing like a black headlining :) I have done similar in my Nissan. Let us know how you get on :thumb:

Nova_Tek
06-09-08, 11:47 AM
That looks very nice and original. Far quicker then my re-upholster jobbie

Tidy Max
13-09-08, 02:52 PM
just been to halfrauds n bought some black flexible vinyl spray :) the mrs was trying to blag me to buy the fluorescent/glow in the dark spray for my roof haha..

...after demonstrating how my "pimp hand was way strong" i got a can, should of got 2/3 really but just bought new dizzy stuff and a couple MORE wheel bearings, i will post pics hopefully 2moro night! cheers for your help