PDA

View Full Version : Best place to get a LET phase 2 chip?

garethcolley
02-09-08, 09:38 PM
As per title, V-tuning M-Tech Phase 2 is £360. Currently on Phase 1. Anyone on here do copies? Are the ones on ebay real? Is this the same as an EDS Phase 2 that Regal sell?

R1CH
02-09-08, 10:06 PM
I'm running a set of copied Phase 2 chips, got them off BeArDy on migweb, cost about £65 (i think), had them in for about 18 month without any probs.
Take it you know about upping the fuel pressure to run Phase 2 and fitting some decent plugs ?

garethcolley
02-09-08, 10:09 PM
Well it seems to be swings and roundabouts. I already have Saab Reds and a Walboro pump with 3 bar reg and some NGK iridiums on Phase 1. My personal opinion is that its overfuelling a bit....im thinking a move to Phase 2 might cure my problems as it should fit my spec a bit better? Ive had no end of problems so far as i didnt fit all this to the engine. Its have a diagnostic next week so ill know for sure. What exact spec are you running fuel/ignition wise? I also of XE inlet cam on a vernier which i hope is set up right. Cheers Rich

R1CH
02-09-08, 10:23 PM
Probly worth getting an adjustable reg rather than hoping the 3 bar reg / Saab reds will be ok with the Phase 2 chips, can pick up a Webber (cossie) one pretty cheap.
Spec wise i'm just using the std Yellows with a 3.5 bar reg and a std Calibra Turbo pump, (NGK) BCP7EVX plugs, XE inlet cam and vernier pulley. Ran with that for 18 month and never had any probs, recently melted a piston (No 1) but thnk that was more down to a worn bottom end (smoking badly & using a lot of oil) rather than a fueling issue, still gotta get my pump checked out tho.

garethcolley
02-09-08, 10:28 PM
Oh dear thats no good. Ill see what the diagnostic says, i might just buy a new LET pump, put standard injectors back in. Il contact the guy on mig and see what he says. Im up for £65 tho! Cheers mate