PDA

View Full Version : Gearbox probs

nova_geezer
15-10-02, 04:22 PM
What gearbox would be needed for a Nova GTe, and how much am i looking at getting a gearbox for.

If it is the gearbox. The prob is that i have no 1st gear or 2nd gear. The gearbox blew on the motor way, but it drives in third, but it is not very nice.

Where can i get a gear box for cheap, maybe second hand, and so i know that it works ok.

Will a gearbox from a Nova SRi fit in the GTe. I need to know soon. cheers.

mowgli
15-10-02, 06:06 PM
Look in the for sale section

novax
15-10-02, 08:51 PM
What you need is a F13 G/box. Will the F10 (SR) fit, I am almost sure it will but is not as strong.

F13 = 130 lb/ft
F10 = 100 lb/ft of torque

I'd say about ?50 is the going rate

rgv_stu
16-10-02, 01:18 PM
internals are the same on the f10 and f13
the f13 has a larger belhousing and so can fit the larger gte clutch

Dicko
16-10-02, 11:58 PM
they r similar but the gte has a larger bellhousing to fit the larger flywheel, with the gte clutch being 20mm bigger than smaller engines

i got an f13 gearbox for sale. did have an f15 aswell but im selling that with the 16v engine!
going rate is around ?50-?60 private, and ?70+ from a scrappy

CP
17-10-02, 12:09 AM
If you cant get the larger bellhousing box to fit the GTE flywheel for som e reason, you can can swap the cluster out of a 1.4SR box if you can get that. Drop the differential/final drive out and then undo the main end plate to the box and the whole cluster comes out complete attached to it. The pinion from your old cluster can be swapped onto the new one so it matches up with the crown wheel on the diff. Make sure the bearings haven't been shagged by debris tho