PDA

View Full Version : Some help?

joeSRI
01-09-08, 02:55 PM
Hi, can you link up ur laptop to a TV so you can have it as a big screen? I have seen it done with a PC.

cheers

Panman
01-09-08, 03:07 PM
If it's a reasonable TV it should have PC/VGA/D-Sub inputs if not HDMI.use d-sub (aka vga - the cable with 15pin plugs that runs from pcs to monitors). S-video and composite are rubbish in comparison.
You'll need a second cable (3.5mm plug on one end, stereo RCA on the other) for sound to come out of the lcdtv, which is much preferable to sound from the laptop.

LEAD,3.5MM TO 2X RCA FEM,2.5M,WHITE
Connector type A:3.5mm Jack; Connector type B:2 x RCA/Phono Sockets; Length, lead:2.5m; Cable type:3.5mm to 2 x RCA Cable;
http://cpc.farnell.com/jsp/search/results.jsp?N=411+401&Ntk=gensearch_003&Ntt=rca+to+phono+cable&CMP=KNC-GUK-CPC-GEN-CAS&HBX_PK=rca+to+phono+cable&HBX_OU=50

Or use this. http://cpc.farnell.com/jsp/search/results.jsp?N=411+401&Ntk=gensearch_003&Ntt=computer+tv+cable&CMP=KNC-GUK-CPC-GEN-CAS&HBX_PK=computer+to+tv+cables&HBX_OU=50

valverguy
01-09-08, 04:25 PM
or dont listen to the above nosense about all this techy ****, and dont believe that s-video is balls, because its not, Your laptop (the more important bit than the tv) needs to have an s-video out (usualy a yellow colour port) all you need do is get an adaptor to fit s-video to scart, or if your laptop came with one as mine did, a special adaptor whcih plugs into you s-video output and turns it into a phono adaptor which then runs directly to your yellow,red white phono sockets at the back of your telly, or if you dont have that, you can use a scart lead where you can take out the leads from it and then use the phono lead from your laptop into that scart block, and then straight into your scar socket, make sure that your lap top is sending the signal as (pal) and amke sure you resoloution is set to around 800-600 and then increase if your tv can take more resiloution. Believe me when i say this is a relatively in exspensive way of doing the job, and is almost as good resultts as using hdmi ports etc. not everybody has fancie 50" flat screens with special ports for media centres, any old telly with a scart connection can be used :) if you need more info PM me.

craig green
01-09-08, 04:28 PM
Is this really general car chat?

valverguy
01-09-08, 04:30 PM
more than liekely muppet corner!!

Adam
01-09-08, 04:31 PM
Moved to MC, even though its not really a "muppet corner thread", but oh well,Lol

Panman
01-09-08, 04:31 PM
Thats what I've just said. and given links to the site to get the s-video lead. Its not techy ****. I've just given two ways to connect. If you find the above techy then you've miss read it. Its not nonsense.