PDA

View Full Version : Cavalier 2.0 16v ecotec

Malky
01-09-08, 01:21 PM
Hey all

Havent posted here for a while as my Nova days are long gone, however I have got my hands on a 1994 M plate Cav Sri. Its a 2.0 16v Ecotec with 97k on the clock.

I'm running it until the tax runs out at the end of Sep, and then will be either selling it on, breaking it, or scrapping it.

Its a shame to scrap it as its in good nick and runs well, however I cant afford to tax and MOT it for another year as I already have another car.

So, if anyone is looking for a project/engine etc for their nova/corsa at the end of Sep, then please PM me and I'll get back to you.

location - Livingston Scotland.

Cheers

craig green
01-09-08, 02:13 PM
Somehow you have dodged the For Sale forum....

You seem to be offering a Car for sale/breaking.

Dod
01-09-08, 02:15 PM
So it would seem. Also, a few pictures and a price in the right forum might help you slightly, but as its an Ecotec, probably not.

Pics and a Price mate?

Malky
01-09-08, 02:30 PM
Somehow you have dodged the For Sale forum....

You seem to be offering a Car for sale/breaking.

Actually I'm not, as the car is not for sale. once the tax is up at the end of the month, I am considering what its fate is. I am merely asking people here if the said car would be of any interest to them once I have taken it off the road.

if anyone is interested, I would contact them again in early Oct to discuss.

Dod
01-09-08, 02:33 PM
Again, Price and Pictures?

Malky
01-09-08, 03:14 PM
mate, no disrespect, but as I said the car is currently not for sale so I dont have a price. The whole purpose of this thread was to guage any interest via PM for anyone who may be looking for something at the start of October.

However, attached is a couple of pics of the said car, which isnt actually for sale just now, but it may keep the wolves off my back

PS Sorry for the size.

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y211/malkyzs/MalkyCavSide4.jpg

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y211/malkyzs/MalkyCavSide3.jpg

staggy_gsi
01-09-08, 08:50 PM
whats up with it? looks too good to break mate

vaughanmc
01-09-08, 08:51 PM
Looks very clean mate :)

Dod
01-09-08, 11:09 PM
Ok, so you put up a thread for something you may sell in a months time with no pictures unless asked for and no price in mind expecting people to PM you about parts you might decide to sell and then you start getting smart ****d.

I dont see the point in this thread whatsoever.

Malky
02-09-08, 07:20 AM
Mate I aint getting smart. I'm just guaging interest.

Tell you what, why dont we just reclassify this thread as 'look at my new car'

Is that better?

I dont know what the big fuss is about really.

Malky
02-09-08, 07:26 AM
whats up with it? looks too good to break mate

I cant afford to run two cars permanently mate. I got this as a runner until the tax runs out at the end of this month as my other car is getting a bit of work done to it. It needs a couple of bits and pieces that I know of to get it through its next MOT mid October time, but I dont see the point in spending money on it when I know that I wont be keeping it.

Its either to be broken for spares (although Ecowreck Cav parts aint that desireable) or I'll be selling the car as a whole. However, as the price of scrap is quite high just now, I may end up robbing a few bits and pieces off it and then weighing it in. These pics are about a year old (dont have any current ones), story is I bought this car a few years ago and then sold it to my aunt. She bought a brand new Punto!?! and has no need for this one anymore. Its not in much worse condition than the pics apart from the wheels are a bit more corroded now and a few rust bubbles appearing on the rear arches. Still pulls like a train though and the interior is still very clean.

Dod
02-09-08, 09:45 AM
Mate I aint getting smart. I'm just guaging interest.

Tell you what, why dont we just reclassify this thread as 'look at my new car'

Is that better?

I dont know what the big fuss is about really.

Ok, its a nice clean example of a dieing breed. YOu dont get them like that anymore and realisticially, if you break it you're not going to make a fortune as its an Ecotec. If you need to part with and and make some cash, I say sel it complete. Keep it clean tidy and well looked after and it'll make you decent money. I know, I have 6 Cavaliers at the moment.

Malky
02-09-08, 01:43 PM
6? christ thats a few. You must have a big driveway.

Spudly
02-09-08, 02:02 PM
6? christ thats a few. You must have a big driveway.

For driveway see...

Massive big plot of land with 6 cavs 6 novas, mk3 astras, mk1 astra, two or three calibras and various other vauxhalls scattered around for good measure lol

Dod
02-09-08, 10:22 PM
And a Corsa, and my newest Aqusition which will be pictured tomorrow. :D

Malky, give me a PM closer to the time that you're going to get rid of the car, I might be interested in it.

Lynsey
02-09-08, 10:57 PM
Hi, I'll ask Dougie if any of his mates would be interested in this as a whole car, the only live around West Calder and I know they have a passion for Cavvys :)

Malky
09-09-08, 12:54 PM
well guys, I've managed to pass the car onto a member of another forum I use and he is collecting it at the end of the month.

Cheers