PDA

View Full Version : Which higher power ignition coil should i get?

novablaze
15-10-02, 10:40 AM
Hi,

Does anyone know which higher power ignition coil i should get for my Nova 1.6 GSI ??

I have seen plenty of different ones in the Demon Tweeks catalog but i dont know which one as they only appear to have to connectors on. The one in the car at the moment has the black and green connectors and also a plug type thing on the side but i dont know if i buy one if that will have the plug on the side too?

Does anyone have a clue as to which one is good and works well? :?

Dicko
15-10-02, 12:40 PM
non they dont make any difference. get some good leads+plugs.

mikeoxford
15-10-02, 02:55 PM
ive always been under the impression thst BHP adding spark plugs, leads and dizy and coil are all *ahem* debatable?

novablaze
17-10-02, 11:34 AM
well ive stuck some new plugs and leads in it, (magnecore KV85 and NGK plugs) and i have to say it has made it run one hell of a loty smoother than before.

So is all this stuff about high power coils good or bad then? does it really give you a better spark and make your car run smoother?

Surely if you are putting a bigger spark in the engine it will make it go better and run more efficiently? i know efficiency is not the aim of the game when tuning a car but surely if you are giving it more spark its going to run better?

mikeoxford
17-10-02, 08:47 PM
in the past i have always stuck with vauxhall parts, and you still do notiec the slight difference.

the car may run smoother definitley IMO and it should be smoother, but all this "high power" and when you read on the packets adds BHP, i think its a myth TBO

Phil_G
17-10-02, 11:37 PM
Hi,

if you notice a difference from changing your plugs and leads then that will be because the old ones were shafted and NOT because it says on the packet the new ones add more power...

THe only engine i know of with a high power coil is a 1300bhp Chevy V8 that runs on methanol..

Phil

Stuart
18-10-02, 01:04 AM
i know efficiency is not the aim of the game when tuning a car

when tuning a car your trying to get the most out of the fuel that you put in, therefore it is making it MORE EFFICIENT.

novablaze
18-10-02, 11:05 AM
sorry i was meant to put economy not efficientcy,

Mingle
21-10-02, 01:04 PM
Sorry to add this but doesn't economy come with efficiency. Its all about making the engine work less for the same power.