PDA

View Full Version : Anti Dive Kits

mowgli
14-10-02, 10:37 PM
Has anybody tried altering the locating height of their tie bar brackets to create an anti dive effect. I recently saw a magazine article which said fitting 20mm spacers (available as a kit) did wonders to the front end under braking. I would like to know if this works, and what its effect on tyre wear, and the other suspension bits is.

Mowgli

Austin_Nova16
14-10-02, 10:50 PM
Would also be interested to hear how this affects handleing (you do mean lowering the bracket, yes?)

I know peeps have the taperes for the steering rod ends inverted so that the arms sit more horizontal, on a lowered car that is.........

CP
15-10-02, 01:12 PM
Yes I've fitted some.
They can be bought from rally places such as Pro-tec Motorsport 01772 620532 or Harry Hockley 01686 628594.
They consist of an elongated bracket, an aluminium spacer, a rose joint assembly and a metal tube spacer to fit onto the tie bar itself.
They have several advantages:
1. They lower the pulling point of the tie bars to the extent that under hard accelaration they tend to pull the cars nose down rather than up as the std ones do.
2. The rose joint removes slop in the std rubber joint and is stronger.
3. The metal tube spacers can be cut down to increase caster in the front struts cos the tie bar is effectively pulled towards the front of the car more.

I would say that you prob wont see the full benefit unless you fit adjustable rose jointed TCA's as well.
I've done a fairly comprehensive conversion to my suspension plus I also have an LSD and there is not doubt that handling is dramatically improved in all areas. I've increased caster significantly and the turn in is razor sharp. Into and out of corners it is just much faster than before. The car is much more settled and even as braking and acclearation forces are applied. There is just no give and vagueness to the whole set up
Down side is that on public roads every bump is transmitted directly back making the ride rather like a go cart

simon@novaheaven
15-10-02, 01:31 PM
is there a spec sheet and pics of your car anywhere on the web CP??

Ian
15-10-02, 01:49 PM
having been in his car on the track on sunday i can fully agree with what cp said