PDA

View Full Version : Polyflex bushes

Fredd
14-10-02, 06:16 PM
Anyone got polyflex bushes on their car? Wot are they like and wots the advantages to having them, if any at all? I ask coz i need to replace some of the bushes on my car and as i think i will be keeping the car for sumtime yet i am playing wit the idea of replacing the old bushes with the polyflex ones. Any help/comments will be appreciated. Cheers.

Dicko
14-10-02, 06:29 PM
i wanted them on mine, but iv herd things such as 'dont fit them on a nova, the ride is far too harsh', and iv also herd they are a right biatch to fit!!

Rick Draper
14-10-02, 09:00 PM
The ride is no worse than std really, they are easy to fit (the hardest bit is getting the old ones out) Well worth it as they tighten up the handling a lot. Rick

CP
14-10-02, 10:17 PM
Ricks right. They are well worth it plus they are loads easier to refit than stds cos they are in 2 pieces. They don't deteriorate like rubber ones so retain their firmness :D

Dicko
15-10-02, 12:04 AM
bugger i swear micky said the complete opposite not so long ago :-/

?Marty?
15-10-02, 12:12 AM
I've fitted some on the rear beam mounts and they seem to be a lot better.

Fredd
15-10-02, 12:24 AM
I meant powerflex bushes. soz.

Anonymous
15-10-02, 12:26 AM
Poly bushes (powerflex or other makes) are great on novas, no real increase in vibration and much better control of moving components.
I recently fitted bottom arm bushes and tie bar bushes, im very happy with the results.
I used them on some of my other cars too, never had a problem.

Chip

Dicko
15-10-02, 09:57 AM
you buggers i asked this a few months ago when i was considering doing mine and everybody said the complete opposite, lol
o well something else to put on my xams list :)

simon@novaheaven
15-10-02, 12:48 PM
ive got them fitted to the tie bar brackets, rear beam, anti roll bar and track control arm. they make the car nice and tight, they were dead easy to fit (only problem was getting the old bushes out) and they will last ages and ages - bargain!

Ian
15-10-02, 01:47 PM
yeah i have some on mine, definitley a very good improvement, tightened up handling etc well worth the pennies they cost.

novax
15-10-02, 09:03 PM
Not done this yet. The rear beam is a must as it can shift in its mounts as the rubber ages. I'd consider new GM ones as unless you're really into track days you'll hardly know the difference. Still they cost so little from the likes of Rallydesigns why not put polybushes in :lol:

brian
15-10-02, 11:50 PM
rose-joint the lot, it's top notch!! :D