PDA

View Full Version : *Near Death Experiences* What are yours?

NovaLad
30-08-08, 04:40 AM
Being on this forum for a year and a half and you pick up on what has happened to people in life, for example: Walshc having his life nearly taken away in a car crash, Lynz with her nova crash etc...

Was just wondering what near death experiences other people had had if willing to share?

I have 2 as far as i can remember...

1. When i was about 7 i was on a rollercoaster for the 1st time and it was 1 of them really old cruddy ones with just the little bar that came down onto your lap. Me being skinny at that age didn't really get held in much by this but the guy next to me did fine. The ride set off and i was enjoying it for the 1st couple of turns and that, it then came up to the top of the dip and began to level out for the drop. I felt sick and as it dropped i lifted up and out over the front of the coaster, the man who was next to me seen what was happening and quicly grabbed me till the ride stopped. I have never been on a roller coaster since that day and probably never will.

2. When i was about 13 my dad his GF at the time and i was about to go on holiday to turkey and the night we was waiting for the taxi to the airport i wasn't feeling to good but me being the type of guy that keeps to himself i just carried on as normal. When we got to the airport i had to keep going to the toilet (sh1tting blood from my a$$ lol). When we got on the plane i was fine till we got to turkey. When it came to the next day i was sh1tting blood between 15 and 25x's and hour which obviously wasn't good lol... So my dad took me to the docs which then they transferred me to the private hospital, they did some check with samples etc... and got me a bed, banged me on some huge a$$ drip said i was badly anaemic and had salmonella poisoning (w00p :wtf:). I was in that hospital for 1 whole week of my hol and didn't eat 1 thing other than half a bowl of soup which i later puked up. It was awful! After i got out it felt so good to make a propper log again and i was a bit slimmer! lol!!! another upside to this story was because i was in hospital for 1 week of my 2 week hol i then had 2 weeks worth of money to spend in 1 week :):)...

That's my stories,

I often think i was dropped at birth though so that's prob 1 aswell. lol.

Mike
30-08-08, 07:02 AM
Pah, ive nearly got dead quite a few times, its just another day in the West Midlands hood for me.

Most intersting one was probably being chased by a bloke who was tryinmg to shoot the **** outta me with a shot gun mind

Shaun_O'Donnell
30-08-08, 07:47 AM
I wouldn't consider any of the car crashes I have been in to be near death, but the closest I have come on 2 occasions was whilst swimming. Once when I was about 7 and the recent only a few years ago. Choked a little mid length, my epiglottis closed (a valve that prevents water entering your lungs (you also close it when you swallow food and drink) - when you drown, you actually suffocate first, then your body relaxes and this valve opens and that's how drowned victims have water in their lungs) so had to struggle to get to the side with what oxygen I had left in my lungs. Scariest thing I've ever experienced.

NovaLad
30-08-08, 07:51 AM
Damn man, i have heard about peoples epiglottis opening somehow when drinking and they have choked to death.

Alex.
30-08-08, 08:50 AM
I've only ever driven on the motorway once (well going and coming back). Coming back, trying to get onto the motorway. Indicating. Lorry doesn't move, neither do any of the other cars. I panic. And speed up to try to get infront of the lorry (don't ask, it was the first thing I thought of). The shoulder was narrowing between the lorry and a large stone wall. Luckily just nipped it infront of the lorry. That's about the closest I've come to dying. But it didn't hit me till I got home just how close I was. (Jack also but I'm sure he's had much more close death experiences lol)

Sturge
30-08-08, 09:14 AM
Had a few 'incidents' over the years, including nearly needing to be airlifted off the Himalayas and a similar rollercoaster ride to the one already mentioned. Mostly they haven't concerned me too much (go in for adventure sports you expect a bit of damage) until my accident at work a fortnight ago. Can honestly say it's the first time I've been aware of thinking 'this is really not good' as I realised I wasn't getting out of it.

Moving one of the hydraulic tube benders, which weighs probably somewhere in the region of 4 tonne, it started to wobble on the jacks. I tried to steady it but quickly realised it was going. Went to move but was stuck between the machine, some racking and the wall. Luckily the hydraulic ram hit the floor and stopped it as the bed of the machine touched my legs. Still ended up with a possible fractured sternum, bruised ribs, spine, shoulders and arm and a few nice cuts

Riggy
30-08-08, 09:19 AM
lol yeah apart from being chased with metal bars and bricks when we were teenagers , mine has to be when i was 9

was on holiday in the south of france ,and there was a big fire in some woods near by , there were some helicopters flyin to a lake that we were at and sucking up some water in big long pipe things then flying of withe them ,

any how i wanted pics so i got my mums camera and went to take pics of the copters from the end of the peer , i was leaning over the edge of the peer to get a good shot when i slipped and went straight into the lake , and started to drown lol , some french guy in a boat seen it and sped over and pulled me out lol , and i have never liked swiming since then

got some top pics though lol which i still have at my mums lol

another good one was when me and rexy were inside this car in a scrapers , next thing we know the cars get walloped and start spining round , a fork lift had just set of on its own and ploughed into the frot wing of the car lol

all the scrap yard people were ****ting it asking if we were ok , we just laughed and carried on getting our bits haha

marc novataken
30-08-08, 09:47 AM
hit my head on goalpost jumpin for a header in school couple of years ago n my heart stopped beating. also set me kitchen on fire the other day not near death but bloody scary anyway

General Baxter
30-08-08, 10:03 AM
Pah, ive nearly got dead quite a few times, its just another day in the West Midlands hood for me.

amen bruva lol

LEWI007
30-08-08, 10:06 AM
Suppose mine was when i was banging on the window and it smashed cut my wrist and it was bleeding went to hospital and had to get stitches thats the worst happened to me.

General Baxter
30-08-08, 10:24 AM
ooo, fitted a rear window in a nova, going through it and slitting my wrist, phoning mike up saying quick i need a rear window,

just needed a new window, not to bothered about the blood sperting 3ft out my wrist lol

1.6 8v turbo nova
30-08-08, 10:42 AM
just needed a new window, not to bothered about the blood sperting 3ft out my wrist lol[/quote]

Haha when i was about 13, me and a few mates thought it would be cool to hold kitchen tiles and the other one punch it. He punched it, created like a spike. that stuck in my wrist pretty good. Pulled it out, noticed blood was squirting out. So being full of young knowledge, i span my arm around so blood went to my hand.. then i held onto my wrist, best Super soaker i ever owned.

1.6 8v turbo nova
30-08-08, 10:45 AM
Oh near death experiences.. I was out on my push bike, when a really bad thunder storm started. So i returned to home, as i was going into the garage, a bolt of lightning hit the garage door, force knocked me to other side of garage. That same thunderstorm took out a corner of a house on the same estate. I thought that was lucky :).

Stoo
30-08-08, 11:18 AM
Hmmmm, 1 or 2

Recent car accident. See post titled 'Stoos new daily'

Previous car accident. friend driving. God knows what happened but she ended up clipping the bank and the car just flipped. ended up on the drivers side of the car, facing the wrong way, down a 7-8 foot ditch. in the middle of nowhere. LUCKILY a car was coming the other way and saw it happen. Car burst into flames and my GF at the time who was driving was unconcious. So had to pull her out of it and get to safety. Adrenaline rocks. Also later found out if the front windscreen had smashed the whole roof would have gone in.as it was the roof had collapsed almost to the point of touching the rear seat backs. Another thing we discoverd to is as we slid down into the ditch we slid over and bent a 5 foot steel post, which, if wed have landed on would have gone straight thru the door and into us!

I fell of the side of HMS ark Royal in the North Sea while on SF Training, whilst we were travelling at full belt!

Flying over bhagdad in a chinook, i went to get on the rear gun on the ramp, slipped and fell over the edge of the ramp, but luckily my harness saved me!

HAd an M134 have a massive breech explosion whilst in afghan. had a helmet on which has toughened visors and part of the bolt system cracked the visor but didnt smash it. if it had been flesh, who knows what had of happend!

Numerous times in iraq/afghanistan being shot at. Had an RPG go straight thru the aft pylon and thru one of the blades in flight, which didnt detonate, very lucky. Numerous small arms fire incident, one which took out an engine, few times punctured fuel tanks and the aircrafts skin.

Once on the motorway, in my 1.4 SR, it started to overheat, so i pulled off on to the hard shoulder, as far across as i could get. wheels were virtually on the grass and off the tarmac. grabbed a bottle of water to top it up, and just as i went to open the door, a polish arctic truck took off the wing mirror. were talking 6-8 inches away from a 20+ ton truck ploughing into the back of a 850KG car at 60MPH. No funking way would i have walked that one off. i got out of the car, and ran up the verge, and i think i must have smiked about 20 fags in the space of 5 minutes, shaking like a shiitting dog!!!

Cats have 9 lives right? How manys that dya reckon?

Jim Mcrae
30-08-08, 11:41 AM
My mate crashed once when i was a front seat passenger, when i opened my eyes there was a branch sticking through the screen about 4 inchs from and pointig directly at my face:eek: If we were going that bit faster, the branch was longer, i dread to think.

Andy
30-08-08, 11:56 AM
I crashed a motorbike head on into a car that pulled out in front of me at about 50-60mph.The bike snapped in half and i flew about 30yards through the air landing face down.I also was in a range rover off-roading that rolled over 3 times.In the boot was lots of BIG spanners and a grease gun that flew around the car.

Stuart
30-08-08, 11:59 AM
dragged a grinder across my chest.... DIY open heart surgery FTW lol. luckily my gypsy "Donnay" £2 sport soccer special T shirt bunged the disc up and it was merely a burn instead of a cut.

Stoo, you sound a like a ****ing liability in a chopper lol

Breeny
30-08-08, 12:18 PM
- I was terminally ill as a kid, but had pioneering surgery to remove 3/4 of my small bowel when I was 6. I had hard times until about the age of 17 but all is OK now apart from having to take various meds and a strict diet.

- Car crash at 17 was pretty bad, pulled out at a T junction on a blind corner and got hit drivers door side at 60-70mph ish. About 6 months later they reduced the speed limit to 40 and put loads of signs up before the junction. :roll:

- Being diagnosed with cancer 7 weeks ago I guess.

None of which are as scary as falling out a roller coaster mind you - sod that!!!

Pistol Pete
30-08-08, 01:07 PM
Is that why you were in hospital last time you PM'd me Breeny??!! :( Thats a bummer about the cancer mate. Hope treatment and stuff goes ok.:( :thumb:

Ive had a few "close ones" over the years, i tell the misses thats why i have grey hairs at 26! My closest (im VERY lucky to be alive) was beginning of June this year..

I was out for a sunny saturday afternoon ride on my mototrbike. There was a 2 cars and a tractor, i overtook the first car, then went to overtake the second and the tractor. Was a nice straight bit of road 60mph limit. As ive came alongside the second car the tractor has turned right:eek: cutting off the road in front of me. I headed for the footpath thinking i could beat it, but no. I hit the front wheel (at about 55mph), got knocked or blacked out (my helmet came off somehow!) form the pain, the rest is a blank. When i came to, i was 35ish foot down the road on my back in a ditch under a hedge with all these people stood round me! I went into autopilot, phoned my dad told him etc, etc. By the time he arrived i was in the helicoptor on my way to Great Western Hospital, where i spent nearly 2 weeks.

Injuries, i broke bones in my left wrist and hand, damaged the ligaments in my left knee, my teeth pierced my bottom lip and i snapped my left femur. When i landed and i came to the bottom half of my leg was round by my ear!!

My wrist and hand was in plaster for 6 weeks, i have a metal rod and 2 screws in my femur and i had to wear a full length leg brace which was hinged at the knee. Only last week have i started to walk with no crutch or brace. Go back to work end of September.

I walk with a limp now and will for a few months, having physio once a week. I am considering having the metal work taken out at some point and may return to bikes but im in no rush! The g/f and my mum have forbid me from getting another!

mayhem
30-08-08, 01:23 PM
i had 2..

when i was about 17, i crashed into the side of a car at about 60mp/h with my scooter (it that how you call it??). if i wasn't speeding i'd broke my back on the roofline of the car. i flew over the car, breaking the antenna, so it was just a few inches..

about 1 year and a half ago, we where standing with about 60 guys for a streetrace in rotterdam, a golf comes driving by slowly in 1st gear, the passenger hangs out the window and fires 8 shots, hitting the guy who's standing 2 meters away from me in the head.

he's still alive, has a glass eye and the bullet is still in his head.

Breeny
30-08-08, 02:06 PM
Is that why you were in hospital last time you PM'd me Breeny??!! :( Thats a bummer about the cancer mate. Hope treatment and stuff goes ok.:( :thumb:

Cheers mate :)

I haven't forgotton your photo's mate... I'm still in hospital, been here for 11 weeks now :tard:

FUSION X16XE
30-08-08, 02:11 PM
Damn man, i have heard about peoples epiglottis opening somehow when drinking and they have choked to death.
Hapened to me, Went down stairs to grab a drink, took a gulp and felt this almighty feeling in my chest/lungs and then when i cam around i was out cold on the kitchen floor. And before you say anythink it was a non-alchoholic drink :thumb: scary sh!t non the less!

edit: just read yours stoo, what do you do if your flying and you take a bad hit? Try to land and hope there isnt many people there or can the helicopter fly on for a while?

Lee
30-08-08, 02:30 PM
Ive had 3.

One when I was 6 or 7, I was in the sea with my dad in a dinghy. i went over the side on a particularly big wave, and I was no swimmer. The undercurrent pinned me to the floor, whilst dad was trying to find me, but was having no luck. For some reason, one of my legs went up towards the surface and he grabbed it and pulled me out. I still remember that vividly to this day.

Second one was when I was 18, driving back to the office from basingstoke to Reading. Went around a corner at about 60 ish to find a pair of cyclists on the other side of the road taking up most of the lane, and a quarry lorry overtaking them taking up all of mine. I swerved to avoid the truck, put two wheels on the grass and ended up in a very nasty lift off oversteer situation. Managed to straighten the car up and put it back straight only to have to swerve again to miss another quarry truck which was following the first one. This sent me through this blokes back fence, narrowly missing the concrete posts, and then straight into a tree at about 45mph. To this day I have respected how good Ford Focus' are in frontal impacts. There wasnt a mark on me, but if I was in my Corsa which I had at the time, I would have been very dead, im sure of it lol

Last one was the day before PV two years ago. My appendix burst. Doctor rekoned I was an hour away from copping it.

Stoo, restecpa blood, no wonder you'r comfort eating lol lol

Mike
30-08-08, 02:45 PM
edit: just read yours stoo, what do you do if your flying and you take a bad hit? Try to land and hope there isnt many people there or can the helicopter fly on for a while?

Your forgetting Stoo's a nutty bastid! So he'll prolly take the course off "fcuk it! Fumes can fly me home" lol

Personally, as im up for a thrill, i'd bail mid air when about 80ft from ground level lol take my chances in deepest darkest iraq with a trusty side arm pistol lol lol

walshc
30-08-08, 03:18 PM
Ive had a few near death experiences
The crash (technically did die, 3 times)

Another time when i was about 9/10, couldnt swim and we were by the canal in summer, my mates all jumping in the locks, probs about 15ft deep??? anyway, these older kids *read* retards came over and pushed me in. I then remember waking up in an ambulance, the tards ran off when they realised i was drowning, my older brother and his mate saved me

Then when i was 13, being a typical bellend at 13 riding my motorbike on the streets, i shot out of a little carpark type thing (where one of riggy`s garages are now) into the other little carpark thing accros the little road, it was quite good for seeing who could get the best times etc, was like a little figure of 8, anyway, there was a car coming up the little road on my turn, i remember it hitting me/the bike pretty much side on, then waking up soon after in a lot of pain, desreved everything

Then another when i was 15, throwing a tennis ball at the wall whilst lay on my bed, bored as hell with no money. I was trying to switch the light on and off, i threw it a bit hard and the switch broke :tard: lol so in a panic (didnt want to get in trouble) i went and got a screwdriver, took my sisters off (was gonna pass the blame hahaha) and went to take mine off, i didnt switch off the mains :tard: i got the biggest shock ever, it felt weird, didnt really hurt, proper bizzare, knocked me to the ground anyway and made my finger nails and eye lashes silver lol

Ive had loads of motorbike crashes too, but none id consider near death

wilson_sri
30-08-08, 03:27 PM
A bullet went through the fabric of my combat shirt when i was still in the army. Another couple centimetres and it would of went through my heart.

Stoo
30-08-08, 03:52 PM
Your forgetting Stoo's a nutty bastid! So he'll prolly take the course off "fcuk it! Fumes can fly me home" lol

Personally, as im up for a thrill, i'd bail mid air when about 80ft from ground level lol take my chances in deepest darkest iraq with a trusty side arm pistol lol lol
Haha dunno about nutty bastid, i just believe that your time to die is your time. Nothing you can do about it!

As for 'when about 80ft form ground', we fly at 30ft mate! low and fast.

Lee, Funk you!!:thumb:

Fusion, if its fly-able we'll fly it home as fast as poss, or to the nearest green zone(Safe zone, although nowhere is safe really)
If its not, well fly as far away from trouble as we possibly can before ditching it, then land on, and try to secure an area, then send another aircraft up with engineers/force prtection tems/lifting equipment

Secure a decent enough perimiter with the troops, engineers strip off the blades and engines the best they can, and then the other aircraft gets everyone else on board the other aircraft and use the lifting equipment to pick up the downed aircraft and sod off sharpish! And yes, a chinook can carry a chinook!!!!!

burgo
30-08-08, 04:46 PM
i think mine would be when i was 18 i think. i was with a mate in his fiesta (him driving) as we came round a corner onto the slip road of the A14 the back started to slid out. my mate tried it catch it but ended up over correcting and it flicked back the other way into a post which then spun it the other way whilst jumping down the bank lol. we ended up in the middle of the A14 facing the wrong way with two trucks (on over-taking the other) heading straight for us. luckily it fired up and my mate did the biggest burn out a 1.1 fiesta has ever done getting us out the way lol. good times

Martin
30-08-08, 05:01 PM
i died at birth, my thingy cord choked me..

Choked on a sweet when i was 6 dad was waking **** out of my back and then did the himlick

was ****in about on building site fell thru the floor, landed 3-4" away from a floor beam facing upwards

then abotu 2weeks ago i had an asthma atack and my inhaler didnt want to work(been tryin to kil me for a while i think) i actully went blue at work up 3flights of steps i weight 20st the ppl i work with maybe 10st at the most they couldnt pic me up i blacked out.. woke up in the cabin 3ambulances waiting for me lol

lurk75
30-08-08, 05:41 PM
The hospital killed me when i was 16!

Im extremly allergic to penicillin so they gave me it when i went into theatre, had an anofilactic (spelling!) shock and stopped breathing etc, had to be brought back round on the trolley.

Andy
30-08-08, 05:45 PM
Agree with you stoo mate,ya cards are already dealt imo

Lee
30-08-08, 05:55 PM
Agree with you stoo mate,ya cards are already dealt imo
Thats not quite what he means lol. He means that WHEN its your time to go, theres nout you can do about it. Saying your cards are already dealt suggests theres there is a set date that your going, and theres nothing you can do to STOP it. That kind of eliminates self preservation IMO lol

Indians believe this, and thats why they drive like maniacs, because they believe that they will go on a certain date regardless of what they do!

Andy
30-08-08, 05:58 PM
No youre missing what i mean lee mate,i mean what you have just said-"When its your time to go....." etc

Mike
30-08-08, 06:12 PM
we fly at 30ft mate! low and fast.

30ft! Thats way to low to jump from lol might get hurt lol

On another note, i onced though it would amazingly fun to jump nearly 100ft into a lake. Incidently, i can inform you all, it wasnt fun it was immensly painful (read as KO when body connected with water)

Andy
30-08-08, 06:14 PM
Belly flop go bad?

Stoo
30-08-08, 07:13 PM
30ft! Thats way to low to jump from lol might get hurt lol

On another note, i onced though it would amazingly fun to jump nearly 100ft into a lake. Incidently, i can inform you all, it wasnt fun it was immensly painful (read as KO when body connected with water)

30ft is still too high, but cos of the sand dunes, 30ft gives us a better chance of avoiding them!

100ft is a bit mad! We do something called FDADM, pronounced Fedadam
Or Foward dropped arial delivery method
We do this with the SBS, where we have a Rib in the back of the aircraft on a board, layed up on a roller system in the aircrafts floor, tethered to a strong point.
Up front there will be a team of six SBS strike troops. At the right moment, from about 60 ft low and fast, the tether is cut, the boat rolls along the rollers, falls out into the water, and the troops follow it out kamikaze style.

Ive seen that go very very wrong, but its good fun doin it too!

Dave.
30-08-08, 07:28 PM
driving over a manhole cover and it blowing its lid 40ft in the air seconds afetr we drove over it

had a handgun shoved in my face at the garage afew years ago

nearly getting run over my a combine 'arvester whilst legging it across a field lol lol

Lynsey
30-08-08, 07:34 PM
I had Bacterial Meningitis when I was a little baby. I had both Meningococcal and Pneumococcal, which then lead to blood poisoning and Pneumonia. The Pneumococcal left me having fits which brought a whole new danger when I started to walk because I'd fit and bang my head off things all the time (hmmm, that answers a few things!) :roll: The girl in the bed opposite had to have her legs amputated, I'm very lucky.

I spent most of my time in and out of hospital, usually 'cos I'd done things I'd been told not to lol

Then THE crash, although I came out with only broken ribs (and a broken heart, sob sob) it could have been so much worse.

FUSION X16XE
30-08-08, 07:52 PM
Fusion, if its fly-able we'll fly it home as fast as poss, or to the nearest green zone(Safe zone, although nowhere is safe really)
If its not, well fly as far away from trouble as we possibly can before ditching it, then land on, and try to secure an area, then send another aircraft up with engineers/force prtection tems/lifting equipment

Secure a decent enough perimiter with the troops, engineers strip off the blades and engines the best they can, and then the other aircraft gets everyone else on board the other aircraft and use the lifting equipment to pick up the downed aircraft and sod off sharpish! And yes, a chinook can carry a chinook!!!!!

Respect :thumb: lol

That puts shivers down my spine, id love to do something like that but i spose i dont think i could go throught with it lol COD4 ftw :)

Ash
30-08-08, 09:40 PM
Christ! We're a luckily bunch aren’t we!? lol

One on mine started when I was riding (bike) through a park talking to a mate behind me, no hands on the bars, etc. Turned a shallow corner not really looking and hit a branch throwing me hard to the ground. Got up with just cuts and grazes and carried on....

...Two days later I was crying with pain walking home from school as I couldn't breath. OH! Went to the doctors who sent me immediately to hospital as it turn out I'd punctured my lung - Ace! One of the worst ones they'd seen too. My lung was about 10-20% of its normal size and the other one down to 80%. I had emergency surgery to try and drain the fluid out and hopefully that should re-inflate my lungs and stop my heart from falling out of place (incurring major problems)

Needless to say that didn't work so I was transferred to Bristol and had my lung stapled back in place with titanium using key-hole surgery and another drain. By this time I'd been in hospital 8 days. Don’t remember loads of it as I was full of morphine, I think they went a little OTT with it TBH tho. I was 3 months before I was allowed to return to school and normal life. Been for numerous test since, but with no conclusion :(

General Baxter
30-08-08, 09:43 PM
sanding down a roll cage which was painted with lead paint, in my bedroom, it nearly killed me lol

AlexW
08-09-08, 02:09 AM
Ive been lucky i think, Had a few car accidents but nothing i would see as nearly death.

Rolled a mk1 clio, round a right hander too fast (Call me what you like) Drivers side picks up and keeps coming up, lose traction and the car slides, hit grass and the drop, rolled it at least twice, car was a state, so was i. I got out looked up to see 3posts that i missed and a car stoped up the road that was coming the other way. Still not as bad as some..

Look at our own awesome people (Stoo, Walshc Etc.)

Dod
08-09-08, 10:05 AM
130mph into a large Hedge, through it and into a ditch (Subaru)
A rather Large off in an Astra Rally car of a sort of cliff into a Bog (had this been a road car.....)
Fell over when drunk once, had it been 1 inch to the left where i landed on my head, they'd all have been standing around saying what a decent lad I was instead of calling me a bleeding bollox. lol

Its all well and good talking about this, but I'd like to mention all the people that couldnt post in a thread like this, people that didnt make it and have sadly passed away.

RIP

Stoo
08-09-08, 10:09 AM
Still not as bad as some..

Look at our own awesome people (Stoo, Walshc Etc.)

Cheers mate, but im not awesome. Ive just been a very very lucky boy.
I wont event take any credit or respect for the job i do. To me its just a job, that has its dangers, like many others.

Dod, i hear ya fella. :thumb:
RIP indeed

In particular
Jason Barnes
Shaun Korpics

Miss ya fellas!

Mike B GTE
08-09-08, 10:29 AM
my only dice with death:

http://i196.photobucket.com/albums/aa201/M16KEB/NOV12th003.jpg

http://i196.photobucket.com/albums/aa201/M16KEB/NOV12th006.jpg

70mph+ head on! wasnt driving, still hurt though - a wee bit!

DaveyLC
08-09-08, 10:34 AM
Recently..
I was using a 9" grinder and it jammed up and hit me in the head, luckilly I had adjusted the guard before use!

Spudly
08-09-08, 10:41 AM
Th only time ive ever really come close (apart from a similar experience to lee with apendicitis, burst having it removed so have 6-8 inch scar)

Was coming back from sheffield in my mates vectra v6 hatch, with a freshly bought 2nd hand impreza engine rocking casually to and fro in the boot lol
middle lane on the motorway and he indicates to move out to lane three which i suggest with an unrestrained engine in the boot its not a good idea to do silly speed on the way home, he agrees and stays put in lane two so the car behind us moves out and puts his foot down, with that two cars in front of him both slam on, the car in front of him ploughs into the rear of a new shape vectra and he (where we wouldve been) follows straight into the car in front of him and also get smashed into himself, my mates response was "funk me that was close but at least i got twin airbags" my response was simply, "subaru engine" we both **** it again as we realised had i not of said anything we wouldve been crushed to death by the engine had we have pulled out into lane three!

mowgli
08-09-08, 11:50 AM
I am just a dangerous person.

I had to jack up a mobile building, that had been used as a cafe at a local park because the foundations had failed, & it was on a slope. I was underneath when it decided to shift, so it was teetering on 16 poorly supported legs, then some idiot decided to take a trolley of food into the building... then it was teetering on about 6 legs & ready to go, luckily my workmates got a jcb & shoved it back upright, then bollocked the tit with the trolley.

nova nick
08-09-08, 12:23 PM
i put my nova into a crash barrier at about 80mph, as stated b4 call me wot you wont, but that sure woke me up abit, luck just to walk out with only bruses on my legs of the seatbelt. the car was compleatly twisted.
knocked me down a peg or 2. i will post some pic's up lata.
it happend so fast but felt so slow strage i no.

Dod
08-09-08, 12:26 PM
call me wot you wont

CHAV!!

But thats due to the text typing.

Spudly
08-09-08, 12:37 PM
Could you read any of that dod cos i cant!

hendrix
08-09-08, 12:48 PM
wow I'm so boring compared to all you lot lol.
The nearest I can think of is when I was on a plane and it hit a pocket of air and dived at a steep angle for about 30 secs. lol. Was worse than it sounds, I shat myself having recently watched some episodes of lost lmao lol

Jack
08-09-08, 12:53 PM
Alex has had lots of near death experiences, mainly caused by me desiring to grab the nearest heavy, blunt object and batter her round the head with it.

Nothing exotic for me, only a few close shaves really.

First was when I was about 2 or 3, climbing over the stair guard and launching myself down the stairs at home. Tumbled down and smashed my head on the radiator at the bottom of the stairs. Apparently I must have knocked myself out for a mo as I just lay there bleeding profusely and my mum thought I was dead. After a few seconds I just got up and wandered off. Probably explains a few things lol

Just managed to avoid landing my first nova in a ditch not long after I bought it. Came round a corner, hit a badger (or swerved to avoid it, tbh I really can't remember much about that bit; all I can remember is holding my passenger in with one arm and trrying to hold the wheel with the other), and did a large and fast s-skid across the road. Thankfully the car lurched away from the near side and span across to the offside, taking out a fence and grounding itself in a hedge. It was only the next day when I could see the skid marks that I realised how close it came to dropping into a 6ft ditch.

I've also had big problems with my circulation; probably due to high blood pressure, small and irregularly beating heart and general lack of fitness. Thats caused one (what felt like a) near death experience a few years back.

mowgli
08-09-08, 01:28 PM
I did have another one, I received an estimated tax bill in the post.....

RSTChris
08-09-08, 04:12 PM
Combined speed of 110 mph head on bump resulted in this
http://i237.photobucket.com/albums/ff181/RST-Chris/z1014.jpg

being turned into this!
http://i237.photobucket.com/albums/ff181/RST-Chris/Photo-0033.jpg

Thank f**k i had the 6 point cage and 4 point harnesses, i wouldnt be here today if i hadnt fitted them. I built it up from a bare mint shell

I walked away with just a scared forehead and 6 broken ribs

L14MNP
08-09-08, 04:14 PM
Dude your FRST was stunning! No other word for it :(

RSTChris
08-09-08, 04:17 PM
It WAS lol, it was a 2.1 Zetec Turbo, latest s3 zetec same as the focus RS lump although it had been fettled with internally. gt28 turbo etc, if you look that box on the passenger seat has my DTA management and cossie greens, 3 days later it was booked in for the full 350 bhp convo! wounded :(

L14MNP
08-09-08, 04:19 PM
That sucks mate! Not your usual tappet monster then :D
I'm sure I have seen it at an RS day once or twice or maybe FITP?

Damn shame.

Dar
08-09-08, 05:39 PM
I had one the other day. I mentioned that the wife may have put on a lb or two!!:eek: Thankfully my Ninja skills saved me:thumb:

Oh and I tried to drink paint stripper when I was a toddler. Apparently the ride to the hospital in my dads rally preped Anglia was intresting.

large_steve182
08-09-08, 05:43 PM
i had to drive out of the way of a train when i was like 10, thats the only one that springs to mind.
we used to hang around a field and when trains went by we would throw stones at them. one day i was at the other side of the tracks and the light went green saying there was a train coming. i heard the tracks rumble so the train was close. i ran across the tracks to my mates. stopped and looked left and this train was close. i cant remember how close probably further away that what i imagine. but i dived into a pile of rock to get out the way.

Spudly
08-09-08, 06:18 PM
we used to hang around a field and when trains went by we would throw stones at them.

Idiotic and stupid imo, you could kill someone by throwing stones at a train, sheer inconsiderate behaviour, sorry but the only person who i wouldve felt sorry for if you have been run over would have been the driver having to see you get splattered all over his window:mad:

DAN-F
08-09-08, 06:29 PM
had loads, landed on my head attempting a bckflip on a bmx, hit a car head on on a mountain bike sending me through the windscreen, wheel falling of the front of my nova about 90 mph driving on a wales rally gb stage ( which i technically shouldnt have been on) sending me donw an 10ft bank in to a tree, think it was something to do with my mate not tightening the wheelnuts putting the ****ty wheels on,
latest one was when i bust my ankle about 18 months ago, out on my moto x bike following a few of my mates to the woods, coming up over a few banks flat out theyre a good 30 ft down, about a 50 degree decline, well i came off the top of the last one flat in 5th and i was about 15ft in the air and i notice one of my mates stopped at the bottom all i could do was jam on the brakes and hope, i landed, locked up slip straight past him missed a tree by inches bike hit a fence wheels first still flat on its side with me still hanging on, this sent the bike back into an upright postion and me over the fence when i landed i felt my ankle go, had to have my boot cut off lucky it was a clean break and didnt take that long to heal cant wait till it does so i can get out on the bike again lol

Ash
08-09-08, 06:44 PM
Oh, just remembered a couple more.

1. Coming round a blind corner, which had a two exits on the outside(my side) roughly 10mph under the limit as I knew it was a dangerous one and there was a car (Escort) slowly rolling across my lane with a que of traffic behind it. Hit the brakes and locked up as it was wet, swerved and put the car broad side behind the back of the car crossing my side, narrowly missing the first car in the que (Golf). Then regaining control whilst having to miss the hedge and make the rest of the corner. Should of stopped and had a word, but I sat in the lay-by for 15mins trying to settle my heart rate. Why the stupid women didn't take the second exit on the corner I don't know! (The guy's face in the Golf was a picture tho! lol)

2. A bit of a miss judgement on my part, came into a 90deg corner at 45mph ish, which is almost do-able the the dry, but it was damp... Went up the kerb and stopped on the verge. I got out to look for damage, but my mate didn't - there was a 5-6ft deep concrete duct under the door. Tracing back the tyre marks we were only ever 3 inchs away from the edge, and at one point half the wheel went over. This was really in the middle of no-where, 8.30pm on a winter night. I now go round that corner at 15mph in the dry - leason learnt!

large_steve182
08-09-08, 06:58 PM
Idiotic and stupid imo, you could kill someone by throwing stones at a train, sheer inconsiderate behaviour, sorry but the only person who i wouldve felt sorry for if you have been run over would have been the driver having to see you get splattered all over his window:mad:

i didnt make it clear that it was not passenger trains we were throwing stones at. we were a bad bunch of kids but we werent that stupid.
i know it doesnt make it any better that we were throwing them at trailers etc but there were plenty worse kids that us.

Martin
09-09-08, 03:43 PM
I Snorted some coke the other night, and nearly chocked on the Ice cubes..

I'l get my coat lol

Stoo
09-09-08, 03:44 PM
LMAO martin!

Tidy Max
09-09-08, 04:19 PM
calm down haha, he said we used, everyone used to do relatively daft things, and with a name like large steve, i wouldnt be annoying him haha

Spudly
09-09-08, 04:28 PM
i didnt make it clear that it was not passenger trains we were throwing stones at. we were a bad bunch of kids but we werent that stupid.
i know it doesnt make it any better that we were throwing them at trailers etc but there were plenty worse kids that us.

Fair one, i spose weve all done stupid stuff growing up its just trainlines and busy roads aint the places for kids to be messing around and you hear of kids dropping small rocks off motorway bridges onto passing cars and nearly/killing drivers, but as ya say theres plenty of worse kids especially these days.

One i always used to do for some reason was press the call button on padestrian crossings when i walked by them, how infuriating is that now though as a driver lol