PDA

View Full Version : just got hold of zafira 1.6!!!

mviboi
30-08-08, 12:00 AM
:D mates just given me his 1.6 xel zafira. ive got a 1.2 carb saloon so will need to get a injection tank or tank in the boot. anyone know where to get a good tank from, also is it still a straight in and out job with loom wiring to do? 1st upgrades need some advice as im not shure whats a good way to go cheers guys

burgo
30-08-08, 03:10 AM
im not sure but a zafira might have the electric throttle and other clever gubbins that makes it a very hard conversion. if it hasn't then its easy enough

mviboi
30-08-08, 11:34 AM
its the mk1 model, i havnt seen under the bonnet yet, its not even down my road yet. is it just fbw that will make the conversion difficult? jeez is that the time got to go work arghhhhhhhh!!!

Adam
30-08-08, 02:05 PM
Sell the zafira for ££££.
And then just buy a 1.6 16v engine,Lol

mviboi
30-08-08, 08:23 PM
good idea ad but it hasnt been ragged so i know shes good, apart from head gaskets gone but lucky he noticed his temp gauge before it was too late, was planning on removing engine get the head skimmed and tested, he said i can have what i want out of it if he gets the money when the shells weighed in.

staggy_gsi
30-08-08, 09:11 PM
i really wouldnt bother with that engine tbh mate. but each to their own and good luck if you decide to do it

mviboi
30-08-08, 09:19 PM
if it bolts in then im not bothered, anythings better than the 1.2 it currently hides, how diffrent is the head to the xev could i swap the head i know the xel has triangle ports so could get a s/s manifold made to accomodate the exhaust ports and regal do a diblas inlet manifold and air system. whats peoples views on that

mviboi
02-09-08, 10:09 AM
right i have started to get the engine out, its got a cable throttle blah blah ill let you know when i have it out and in hahaha