PDA

View Full Version : I Love it!

Lee
29-08-08, 11:31 PM
I grew out of racing people on the roads ages ago, but to keep myself occupied, Ive found a new game to play which gives me 10 times more satisfaction, and you never break the speed limit or drive dangerously. Its called Traffic Light roulette lol

Between Newbury and Thatcham there is a section of A4 with about 4 sets of lights on it, all with two lanes merging to one after 100 yards of the lights.

First job is to find a target. This evening it was a Fiesta full of teenagers :)

First I bated them by easily beating them off the lights coming off the roundabout onto the aforementioned stretch of A4. This got their hackles up a bit, especially ina Volvo :).

First set of lights i was at the front on the left and they were on the right. I squirted it off the line (not hard against an ashmatic fiesta), got a car length in front and gently pulled into the middle of the road as the lanes merged. Then settled into cruising at 40 to the next lights.

This is where you have to have an element of luck.

At the next lights they were already red and there were 3 cars in the inside lane, and two on the right. A quick scan of the cars and I saw on the right there was a Skoda Fabia, and on the left, a BMW 330. So I chose the left lane.

Obviously the barry's chose the outside lane and were sat one car length in front. One of them even looked over their shoulder at me and smirked.

Lights go green, and as I had hoped, the beemer gets away better than the skoda. By the time both the lanes have merged, im back in front, and they're on my rear bumper again.

Next set of lights come up, same situation, but there are only two cars sat at the line this time The 330 and an old Honda legend. I went for broke here and sat behind the Legend. Fiesta pulls up next to me behind the beemer. Im thinking my luck may be out.

Nope, legend gets away beautifully and i get in front of the beemer AND the fiesta. One set of lights to go.

The legend had caught up with another volvo at this point and were sat side by side. I risked it for a biscuit again, and pulled up behind the volvo in the inside lane. Chavs take the Legend, probably confident in an imminent victory.

Lights go green, Legend boots it, fiesta boots it. Volvos not doing so well, so i start to admit defeat. Then, the legends right indicator goes on. I couldnt believe it! The fiesta is in front of the volvo, but not clear of it. Legend slows down ready to turn. Volvo goes past them. Then I go past them. I couldnt resist a look. 4 very angry chavs lol

They were then stuck behind me in a 30 limit all the way into thatcham till i turned off.!

Far more satisfying than racing them IMO lol

BIGS
29-08-08, 11:43 PM
that sounds great fun, and what a great right up. i demand one every time now lol

Ash
30-08-08, 12:01 AM
hhhahahaha thats ace! We have a similar road setup down 'ere in Yeovil. Oh the fun I had with the (stealthy but loud) grey nova the one night lol very similar story but with 3 chav cars 'croooozin' together 5 or 6 barry's in each. Let them edge pass, boot it and hold them out till the road narrows back. Not going to make to much of a habbit of it tho :(

Lee
30-08-08, 12:44 AM
hhhahahaha thats ace! We have a similar road setup down 'ere in Yeovil. Oh the fun I had with the (stealthy but loud) grey nova the one night lol very similar story but with 3 chav cars 'croooozin' together 5 or 6 barry's in each. Let them edge pass, boot it and hold them out till the road narrows back. Not going to make to much of a habbit of it tho :(

lol

The beauty of this is that aside from a quick spurt at the beginning to get their attention, you dont actually drive quickly or aggressively. Just use the traffic to pee them off. Ive managed it a few times on two sets but never the full four before :)

walshc
30-08-08, 03:07 AM
Hahaha thats top, well described too :thumb:

Theres something what sounds similar near me too (the road facing heaton park for fellow future players) im sooo going to give it a go now :D

Ernie
30-08-08, 08:14 AM
I played this game yesterday on the way home from yours last night.
Mine was against a 106 plus or something like that.
This only had to chav's so was a light weight racer.Only fair as i was in me gsi estate with the dog.
Did the usual moves at the traffic lights looking to see what would be better to get stuck behind.
The thing is as i got to the speed camera they had been sat right on my **** which i cant stand.
I dont mind it if your sat still in traffic but when your driving at 30mph he must of been at lease an inch or two of my back bumper(with a tow bar).
When we stopped in some traffic he was right up behind me revving to death all 40 odd of his wild stalions.
So me being me swung my drivers door open as if to go have a word.
With that he wacked his into reverse.
I shut my door and drove off with the flow of traffic.
All i got to see was the doors of the car behind the 106 open so i think they backed into it.
So i think i won that game then Lee.
Ps look out for glass near the speed camera on the way back to the motorway from yours.

Mazz
30-08-08, 09:16 AM
Great read Lee!
I got a good game: 'over idiots'

On my way home theres a new by-pass about 1.5-2 miles long and you can see the whole of it. Its a 50mph zone, but for some unknown reason the 'tards that drive down it constantly do 40mph, so a quick press of the go-go pedal and your passed.

1 point for them flashing their lights
2 points for 'hand gestures'
3 points if they speed up
4 points for them trying to overtake you!
or any combination!

Riggy
30-08-08, 09:24 AM
Hahaha thats top, well described too :thumb:

Theres something what sounds similar near me too (the road facing heaton park for fellow future players) im sooo going to give it a go now :D

hehe yeah that would be an ace road lol

marc novataken
30-08-08, 09:39 AM
i tried it this mornin am i the only one who ended up about 6 cars behind? in my nova against a metro:cry:

kevw
30-08-08, 10:51 AM
they had been sat right on my **** which i cant stand. I REALLY hate this too

i tried it this mornin am i the only one who ended up about 6 cars behind? in my nova against a metro:cry:

LMFAO!

NovaLad
30-08-08, 10:58 AM
The metro won? lol

Pistol Pete
30-08-08, 01:14 PM
I wish i could play games like this but the g/f's Ford Ka has all the go of a wet fart! I do sometimes play "spot the idiot". Theres quite a few places round here that have the road directions painted on the roads, i bet which idiot is in the wrong lanes, amazing how many people cant read! Also merger lanes can be amusing. I pull up on the outside of the traffic, even better if its a chav at the head of the queue. I pull away like Schumacher, just for them to come steaming past as i change casually into second, lol!

Lee
30-08-08, 01:33 PM

You need practise my friend lol. Ive been doing this for years. it helps in a transit as you can survey the cars stopped a lot easier lol

marc novataken
30-08-08, 02:02 PM
my plan for the day is to practise. goin out in a bit and not comin home til i done it

marc novataken
31-08-08, 08:16 PM
I DID IT!!!!!!:thumb:

L14MNP
31-08-08, 10:24 PM
Have you just came home now? lol