PDA

View Full Version : nova GTE gearbox

nova_geezer
14-10-02, 04:33 PM
can you tell me what gearbox the nova GTe has? and what gearbox the nova mk2 SRi has.

What sort of performance differences are there between the SRi and GTe, because when i had my SRi i was beating my mate in his Nova GTe and he swears he was going flat out. we got away and were basically head to head then my car started to beat his.

Dicko
14-10-02, 04:40 PM
the gte usually has a very close ratio box, and the sri sometimes has this box or a slightly wider ratio box! depends if either wer ever replaced by former keepers.
no doubt about it, an SRi with slight mods, especially decat and induction kit would beat a GTE!!
the head on the sri has far better flow (designed by Lotus i believe).
i found that the GTE engine is much better suited to the box that comes with SRi's, as the very close ratios r just TOO close. racing JKhilton up the M5 to milton keynes, we had similar mods. i had a gte with drilled airbox and BB2 backbox,and the wider ratio box, he had a full magnex including manifold, k+n induction kit, power boost valve, and i still beat him :)

CP
14-10-02, 10:30 PM
The truth is that both close ratio and wide ratio clusters were fitted to GTE's. If your mates GTE couldn't run anyhting like top revs in 5th plus if he found that it generally got higher speeds in 4th than 5th then it was probably the F13/5W cluster (wide ratio) that is geared down using a 4.18:1 Final drive

novax
15-10-02, 09:27 PM
I have a rebuilt GTE with K+N and Powerflow exhaust, I still have problems catching my mates boggo SR shed :?