PDA

View Full Version : ATTENTION!! for those who only use your nova for limited miles a year.

Nick J
29-08-08, 01:20 PM
Hi All,

This is a post for those of you who are similar to myself and dont use your novas as much as we should! If you sorn over the winter months etc please see my recent post in the Insurance section as they may be potential big savings for you offered via Adrian Flux. It saved me a packet! Hopefully it can do the same for some of you... :) Ive posted it in here as I thought more people would read it etc.

Nick.

craig green
29-08-08, 01:38 PM
Just a shame its with AF....

I'll take a look though, about to insure mine for a couple months.

dumpycorsa
29-08-08, 01:57 PM
I insured my nova for social and pleasure not to commute to and from work (as I have a second car). Found this also knocked money off. Putting your old dear on as a named driver can also help. Don't know why but it does.

ade
29-08-08, 02:24 PM
several insurers will give you refunds if the car is sorn'd off the road - as long as you return your certificate to them requesting a suspension period they "should" refund the premium less a percentage for third party fire n theft cover - providing you keep the car in a locked garage or similar.

My company do it and we're a standard insurer.

DaveyLC
29-08-08, 02:27 PM
Adrian F*cks.. Might as well not bother insuring, they are useless.

Lee H
29-08-08, 02:29 PM
Also they won't give laid up cover if car is garaged somewhere different to your home address.

Bubba
29-08-08, 02:36 PM
Adrian F*cks.. Might as well not bother insuring, they are useless.

iv heard getting them to pay out is a right mission

DaveyLC
29-08-08, 02:58 PM
I've heard all sorts of stories and from personal experience I was 'rear-ended' at a set of red lights by someone who was insured by Adrian F*cks, they even tried to get out of full liability and dragged their feet for ages, not exactly a complex claim lol! And the offer they made me for my car was a joke, it was a less than 3 year old Cavalier CDX and they offered me £2000.. They paid £2,300 in the end to have it repaired.. ****s.

ade
29-08-08, 03:15 PM
Guys - I think seeing as Flux are one of our site "sponsors" (see banner at the top of the page) we should be a little "nicer" ... lol

All insurers have "terms and conditions" which is read "should" address most issues.

You'd be amazed some of the stories I hear in insurance - most of which proves the customr never read the 100 page policy book or the 10 page document sent to them...

Not saying we Nova owners are in that category but I'm sure if you went back and checked you'd find your questions answered...