PDA

View Full Version : NEW nova 1.4 twin 40's

alexvaux
28-08-08, 11:32 PM
hello everyone im new to this site.
ive got a k reg 1.4 nova is goin to be my first car honda crx was too much as 1st lol.
so far ive sorted out all the rust got mot on it
calibra alloys and new tyres
semi buckets
straight thru rear section i made
and twin 40's
jst wanted to ask a few questions about the twin 40's really what sort of fuel pressure do you all rekon? it used to be the spi so its got the electric pump but ive got a regulator and pressure gauage hooked up so i cant adjust it
made the alt drop bracket myself ,and all that .
what sort of throttle cables do people use for twin 40 setup? and hopefully i will get a race cam soon for the carbs .
Also what sort of economy do u think for a 1.4 on t 40's? iv heard bad storys about the fuel

cheers everyone in advance:)

Stuart
28-08-08, 11:41 PM
3psi for the carbs, regulator BEFORE the carbs

t40's can be fairly economical, BUT they dont lend themselves to it as the noise is addictive lol

alexvaux
31-08-08, 09:00 PM
yeah lol the noise is the best! but for now ive put the standard spi back on as had the carbs running but few problems with them running bit bad and fuel leaking out of just below the trumpet seems like waaay to much fuel, i needed the car ready for tuesday really so hopefully ill get the carbs all sorted and put them on at a later date just the spi is a bit more realiable and cheaper on fuel at the moment as i am on apprenticeship wage lol

anyway has anyone got any idea on how to get a bit more out of the spi?? resistors to put more fuel in?? or anything really.
cheers alex

Stuart
31-08-08, 09:03 PM
have a gander at the 1.2i tuning article

alexvaux
31-08-08, 09:17 PM
cheers but mine is the 1.4 or is the spi on the 1.2 pretty much the same?
ill hava look anyway be good to read

Stuart
31-08-08, 09:44 PM
now would I have told you to look at the 1.2i tuning guide KNOWING you have a 1.4i, if it wasnt of relevance? :wall:

alexvaux
31-08-08, 11:00 PM
sorry mate i forgot i said it was a 1.4 stupid me lol
yeh have had a look at the guide looks really helpfull cheers