PDA

View Full Version : cherrybomb

marc novataken
28-08-08, 09:46 AM
anyone got any ideas what a cherrybomb backbox will sound like on a 1.2 nova? or any videos? really wanna hear one before i buy one

Pistol Pete
28-08-08, 11:01 AM
Bloody loud! A mate had one on his 1.3sr back in the day.

marc novataken
28-08-08, 11:10 AM
that full system or just backbox?

Spudly
28-08-08, 11:23 AM
Take your backbox off your car and fire it up..........

Thats pretty much how it will sound right there tbh lol

Dod
28-08-08, 11:40 AM
AH CHERRY BOMBS!!! I want one of those, they are old school Class!!

marc novataken
28-08-08, 12:00 PM
and are they legal? heard from a couple people that they illegal? jus fancy one for me nova to make bit of noise and they quite cheap and old school!

Dod
28-08-08, 12:03 PM
Its not that they're illegal but they are massively loud. Read the comment that Spudly made. He is worng, imagine taking the system off the manifold and you're closer.

We refered to them locally as "harebare" items. Basicially Scrap and for idiots or "Clousters".

I'm going for one on my Rat Corsa but I wouldnt suggest one for anyone else or anything other than a Rat Mobile.

marc novataken
28-08-08, 12:10 PM
are they really stupidly loud? attract police all day?

Spudly
28-08-08, 12:12 PM
Well according to the copper that stopped my mate recently, all non standard exhausts are illegal as its the only way they can target everyone with an aftermarket/big bore exhaust.
Not 100% sure if this is correct or not as coppers tend to know less than us generally but you never know lol!

Dod
28-08-08, 12:16 PM
They are Cop Magnets.

Aftermarket exhausts are totally illegal over here, it it deviates from Standard its illegal and wont pass the National Car Test, or so ite written. In actual fact, no one including the Cops, Test centre or anyone else really bothers unless its obviously loud and causing noise polution.

Andy
28-08-08, 12:27 PM
I had a cherry bomb on my 13 Sr,they arent as loud as no manifold or no back box at all.Just a really deep raspy roar.I like them,they must be legal,MOT tester only gave me an advisory for mine.

mikey14sr
28-08-08, 01:35 PM
20 years ago cherrys were the bomb (pun intended), nowadays people just turn around and mumble "what a fecking chav" when they hear one. My opinion is that there's only one exhaust a nova should have, an ashley sport back-box with a straight through system, more than loud enough.

Dod
28-08-08, 01:40 PM
about 10yrs back they were a lot louder, possible due to the straight through pipe or whatever **** welding they had but then they were sad, and Chavatised as Mikey Said, but TBH, I really want one for my Corsa A and the rustier, Rattleyier and Louder the better.

marc novataken
28-08-08, 08:05 PM
how much it cost for cherrybomb backbox then? or would a centre box be better with peco powermaster backbox?

Andy
28-08-08, 08:34 PM
They are on ebay very cheap

Leeboo
28-08-08, 10:21 PM
Cherrybomb actually sounds well on a 1300! I'm not a chav either.

Take your b/b off, it will be like this, except less 'blowouty', bit more muffled.

marc novataken
29-08-08, 11:08 PM
gonna but one first thing monday then i reckon. all exhausts i had are too quiet except rage one that is stupidly noisy. £30 for backbox at shop down the road from me. hope to have it fitted by end of week maybe post video