PDA

View Full Version : Cold

Matt Finary
14-10-02, 09:52 AM
I have just finished my new custom fibreglass dash, but I now have no heat or controls. how can I keep warm? heated seats? screen? electric heater? or refit heater and cut the dash to fit controls?

Matt :?

ade
14-10-02, 10:34 AM
matty - m8 - send us a picture! I'm gonna do my dash in the new year for me new project car (think audi tt style with a mini twist).

I'd personally fit discrete vents at each side and seriously think about cutting small slats at the front for yer screen. Mesh them or blend the colour with the dash colour

Or take a leaf from the audi TT and get some stunning chrome covers to cover the holes cut and make a big deal out of them - without going over the top. You will need heat especially on yer windecreen- simply breathing out on a nova screen will fog it - especially 1st thing in the morning.

You could run the air vents from other places - take a feed from the footwell vents and angle them upwards - or are these removed too.

British weather being what it is - if you intend to use the car in the autumn/winter I'd refit vents but custom make some facias for them. If you can remodel a dash that should be no probs for ya!

Ade
(send me a pic!)
:wink:

Matt Finary
14-10-02, 12:14 PM
I will send ya pic once my Digi cam comes back. The dash has no vents yet. It is like a mark2 dash shape but it is rounded right across so there is no top self or glove box. The Clock cluster is now in the centre with a fibreglass copy of the heater controls below repeated three times. so I can mount 9 gauges or 6 and the heater controls.

Matt 8)