PDA

View Full Version : pulling to the eft

turbojolt
27-08-08, 05:24 PM
when i brake the car trys to pull me to the left only underbraking and not all the time im bafed and dont know why it dose it any idears :confused: :confused:

brainsnova
27-08-08, 05:27 PM
either the tracking or wheel bearing and balljoints / track rod ends. Jack up the wheels and checking for play. :thumb:

turbojolt
27-08-08, 05:29 PM
either the tracking or wheel bearing and balljoints / track rod ends. Jack up the wheels and checking for play. :thumb:

if it was the tracking would it not pull to the left all the time under acceleration

Stuart
27-08-08, 06:30 PM
left caliper is gripping too well... meaning the right one is likely to be siezed in the off position

Ernie
27-08-08, 06:31 PM
I would go with what stu said as he beat me to it..

turbojolt
27-08-08, 10:58 PM
left caliper is gripping too well... meaning the right one is likely to be siezed in the off position

once again would this not mean it would happen every time

also if it is a stuck caliper would this be able to be solved with a mallet and a hot air gun

Stuart
27-08-08, 11:46 PM
erm NO if the right caliepr is stuck OFF then it wont be touching the disc at all... easiest way to tell is brake, feel the left disc, then feel the right disc. If the right disc is cold then the right piston is siezed (in the off position)

odds on a mallet and hot air gun will be as much use as giving ti a stern look...

turbojolt
27-08-08, 11:54 PM
erm NO if the right caliepr is stuck OFF then it wont be touching the disc at all... easiest way to tell is brake, feel the left disc, then feel the right disc. If the right disc is cold then the right piston is siezed (in the off position)

odds on a mallet and hot air gun will be as much use as giving ti a stern look...

ok thanks i will try it tomorrow mate and let you know