PDA

View Full Version : Getting work in a bodyshop

djshaggeh
27-08-08, 03:22 PM
Right I want to try and get some work in a bodyshop I have no qualifications and no experience (in the bodyshop). Im willing to go and do a college course if needs be but would prefer to work and gain some experience.

Ive been working in the motor industry for about 4 years now, mainly fitting tyres and its getting a tad boring.

Any help would be appreciated! :thumb:

Pistol Pete
27-08-08, 03:53 PM
Your best bet is to go see a few body shops around your area. You may struggle though (sorry to burst your bubble!) as your 24 you may not get an apprentiship type deal. But i may be wrong! Go ask, you'll know what your chances are. Good luck.

Also see if your local college does evening classes for this type of thing.

mowgli
27-08-08, 04:06 PM
http://www.thebodyshop.co.uk/page/jobs?cm_re=default-_-Footer-_-Jobs

this might be some use....:thumb:

you will definitely have to try evening classes, but as everything is tied up with nvq's, it is actually very difficult to get going. also the wages are usually poor, unless you are a craftsman & got some good contracts.....

Rexy
27-08-08, 08:32 PM
lol, I used to work as a finance advisor etc and dropped it did a year at college which was pretty **** but gave me more of an idea, I did some unpaid work experience while holding another job and finally went for a full time job.

I have no NVQ's, Just a level one and two IMI award... ive been working doing bodywork for 4 - 5 years now.

Im currently a painter, but ive done everything in between...