PDA

View Full Version : loudest exhaust??

TUBZGSXR
13-10-02, 03:54 PM
im gona get a new full system soon for my De-cat SRI an i want the best sound possible, it will probalbly be Powerflow, ive heard that DTM style pipes make a hell of a noise, i heard them on standrad mini's and they make them sound wicked! but im not to sure to be honnest.
And are there rules with size of pipes, ie smaller pipe better sound etc???

Ric 16v
13-10-02, 07:02 PM
twin exhausts are loud as fuck, 2 pipes are better and louder than 1 !!!! I had a sportex backbox with a twin 3" tail pipe and was well loud (straight through exhaust) :D :D :D but it was constantly rubbing on my tyre so I had to take it off and my tyre perished the other week (crappy avon) because of it, if u decide to get a twin exhaust make sure it doesn't rub on the tyre !!!!

Chris LR
13-10-02, 10:55 PM
The loudest Nova exhaust I've ever herad was suprisingly the first one I replaced an exhaust on, it was only a 1.0. It was only after I started her up that I realised that I hadn't gone back to tighten the manifold bolts as I was going to do.

lucusade
15-10-02, 03:09 PM
try leaving ya back box out in the cold and rain for a few years, let the rust set in and once a few holes have formed, you will have an incredibly loud exhaust, that sounds like methane man is in your boot farting :lol: !!!

Either that or rebuild your own exhaust, from the downpipe. Then you can use whatever size piping you like (steer clear of scaffolding though :( !!)

Nova-Flair
15-10-02, 05:01 PM
ive heard ashley competition exhausts r quite loud. v.cheap as well im thinking of getting one but not sure of the quality due to the price

Rusty 16v
16-10-02, 10:20 AM
I have a Sportex straight through with twin square tailpipes, and thats loud as fuck :D

GR
16-10-02, 03:25 PM
Technically, all exhausts are silent !

For looks & sound though, get a PiperX Evo3 Backbox, looks & sounds the bollox.

Breeny
16-10-02, 06:20 PM
Its not dependant on brands of exhaust system. It all depends on how many silencers the exhaust system has and how many baffles are in the back box.

For example, a magnex stainless steel system will come with a silencer in the intermediate section and a backbox.

I know people who have a straight through system and no baffles in the backbox, its extremely loud but there's no performance gain, you may even lose some due to lack of pressure. (You still need a little pressure for your engine to perform at optimum)

Have a chat with a custom exhaust maker, they can do whatever you want and most of them arn't as expensive as you think.