PDA

View Full Version : anybody know...

black16v
26-08-08, 08:00 PM
what size the E bolt is on the end of the crank pully but the pully dat the cam belt goes round on, on a c20xe is, as i aint got one that big enough and i need to go buy one tomorrow.

thanks in advance

marc

Mike
26-08-08, 08:26 PM
No i dont sorry.

Adam
26-08-08, 09:00 PM
That not "dat" :P lol

And its a E20 :)

black16v
26-08-08, 09:00 PM
ok mate no probs, someone must know tho lol, i stuck till i know what size it is. :(

black16v
26-08-08, 09:05 PM
ok mate thanks alot, sorry about the bad english and before anyone says it i did fail it at gcse lol. can go get one tomorrow and continue with the strip down of the engine to rebuilt it, just want the car on the road, starting to wish i had never bought it now, especially knowing that it needed a new engine lol

Adam
26-08-08, 09:07 PM
Have fun

black16v
26-08-08, 09:16 PM
well it not going that bad really, in 2and half days i taken engine and box out, cleaned every part from in the engine bay, sprayed the engine bay and arches. sorted out the bodged up wiring loom and now started to strip down the other engine to put new cambelt on and head of other car, so hoping to have it all back in by saturday and running if coilovers turn up in time.

The Simps
26-08-08, 09:37 PM
Its E20 as said. They can be a biatch to get undone. I recommend using Loctite Freeze spray. Can be bought in halfords. Spray it on, leave for a couple of mins then undo bolt.

Get a new bolt from vaux for the rebuilt too as they're a stretch bolt.

Adam
26-08-08, 09:40 PM
Breaker bar, 10foot scaffold pole, and two people leaning on a tyre lever stopping the flywheel turning got mine undone lol

Its one of the tightest bolts known to man lol

The Simps
26-08-08, 09:42 PM
Breaker bar, 10foot scaffold pole, and two people leaning on a tyre lever stopping the flywheel turning got mine undone lol

Its one of the tightest bolts known to man lol

lol :thumb:

We got it undone with the loctite and a 3/8 ratchet! lol

black16v
26-08-08, 10:06 PM
will be getting the loctite stuff then as family all on holiday so aint got anyone to hold the leaver, will have to do it all myself, yeah i had made a not to myself that i would need another one of the bolts, but didnt think i had got to take it off but the pully thats on the new engine someone has rounded the bolts all off so its the easiest method to get it off just to take the hole lot of the end , espeically as i got the other engine for bits and its got to have the conversion pulley put on it from the other engine, yea i sore that, that bolt has to be torqued up to 183lb/ft i think and the turned another 40-50 degrees, so basically as tite as you can get it lol

The Simps
26-08-08, 10:11 PM
when you do get it off, can you tell me if the washer is the same as a driveshaft washer. Cheers.

black16v
26-08-08, 10:27 PM
yeah no problems, will be phoning JR parts in morning to order abolt if they can get one as i get parts there below trade price lol, yeah i got a washer of driveshaft laying on the side as i got a wheel bearing gone aswell, just got to work out how to get the bearing case out of the hub and off the drive flange as they proper stuck on there lol. will be going to get the loctite stuff and socket after work tomorrow so will be trying to get it off tomorrow after work.

Adam
26-08-08, 10:54 PM
Simps-The washer behind the bolt head is much thicker than a driveshaft one.

black16v
26-08-08, 10:59 PM
well that helps because if i cant get it undone tomorrow least he knows the answer now lol

Adam
26-08-08, 11:02 PM
Are you 100% certain you need remove that bolt?
You can change cambelt etc without touching that main bolt.

black16v
26-08-08, 11:07 PM
yeah i sure it got to come off, because i cant get the pulley of because someone has rounded the bolts off and i need to change the pulley to the slimmer one of old engine so the easiest way i can see to do it is to take that bolt off and slide hole lot off and use other one off other engine only way i can see to do it really well easily lol

black16v
27-08-08, 09:03 PM
got the bolt today, but couldnt get a E20 socket from anywere so i am no further than i was yesterday and at this rate car wi;ll never be on the road. lol

mikey14sr
27-08-08, 10:01 PM
Halfords should have it, my lo-mo-fo's even stocks draper/laser versions.

black16v
27-08-08, 10:09 PM
halfords didnt have one and the local motor factors didnt either, i screwed if i have to order one will take up to 5 days to get here, and want to be putting engine in on saturday