PDA

View Full Version : HELP!! Scrappy or Nova gear linkage needed near Weybridge/Heathrow/Hemel

liftoffoversteer
26-08-08, 12:19 PM
Howdy folks,
I need to find a scrappy near Weybridge/Heathrow as I need a Nova gear linkage today, if poss.

The part we need is from the Nova 5-speed gear linkage - the one with the clamp on it which attaches to the gear change shaft. It has a square block on it, a plastic cup sunk into the square block and a small ball joint. Don't need the S-shaped link bit. The plastic cup has exploded on ours (great!) and it's the only thing we need to get the old girl driving tonight.

If anyone in the local area (between Weybridge and Hemmel and the stretch of the M25 in between) has one, and wants to swap cash for goods, I can do so today (or early this evening) - drop me an email to jwalsh@kia.co.uk to arrange.

Thanks,
jon

JonL
26-08-08, 12:32 PM
There's a Nova in the scrapyard in Sunbury, about 10 mins from Weybridge, saw it there the other day, didn't check its gear linkage but might be worth a shot, maybe give them a ring first.

PM if you need any details...

liftoffoversteer
26-08-08, 12:47 PM
Forgot to say...

the reason I'm so excited about getting it today is cos I've not driven the car for three years - if we get this linkage we can throw it down the lanes tonight... erm, I mean, set-it up on the road. ;)

craig green
26-08-08, 01:00 PM
Best of luck finding one. I tried to liberate a linkage from a scrapped Nova a couple weeks ago & failed. The car being on its belly in the scrapyard didn't help.

Dod
26-08-08, 01:49 PM
if we get this linkage we can throw it down the lanes tonight... erm, I mean, set-it up on the road. ;)

:wtf: