PDA

View Full Version : Thinking about selling.

jsw3644
25-08-08, 12:29 PM
Thinking about sellin my nova. I bought it in march and I done santa pod with it which was mostly what I wanted it for and I didn't do it any justice. weather was against me (and I havn't done a drag strip before) I only ran a 14.8 as my quickest but it should've been in the 13's. would anyone on here be interested in it? It's Russel Wheatlands old one. 2litre, 20,000 miles since rebuild running on weber 45's and all the other stuff that was to be done in future if you read about it on here. I'm asking on here because I know that it's more likely someone from here would look after it well unlike some local chavvy that would prob loose it on a bend and smash it. I'm looking for around £3,800 for it.

Adam
25-08-08, 12:42 PM
Moved to correct forum.

novarally
25-08-08, 12:45 PM
Full spec. please?

Or a link to the thread with details?

jsw3644
25-08-08, 03:09 PM
http://www.pngclub.com/forum/viewfeaturecar.php?ref=3052 that's the link to it. not all the future stuff done. just re-read it. I'll try get full spec off russel and going to post pics.

jsw3644
27-08-08, 06:31 PM
Vauxhall nova 2ltr 16v Redtop Spec List J684 MPP Built by Russ Wheatland
Engine:
Fully rebuilt 20xej redtop, all new pistons, main bearings, big end bearings, crank reground, head skimmed 25 thou, all valves replaced and relapped, all seats and guides replaced, new hydraulic tappets, all new gaskets and seals, polished rocker cover and spark plug cover, bailey breather tank from series 1 rs turbo, brand new weber 45 dcoe carburetours, sbd inlet manifold, genuine weber linkage with twin cable, chrome trumpets, 38mm chokes, new facet red top fuel pump, h and h ignition solutions rebuilt distributor and reweighted for xe advance curve, new cambelt and tensioners and waterpump, bailey coolant header tank chrome, tas solid engine mounts, valvers.com rear engine mount spacer kit. Full mongoose stainless exhaust system,
Omex rev limter with launch control, limit set to 6800rpm, arp rod bolts, sbd lightened flywheel, regal autosport oversize exhaust manifold heatwrapped, Estimated power: 185 -190 hp @flywheel.
Transmission:
F20 gearbox, b and m quickshift strengthened also, nova gte driveshafts with cav mk2 inner cv’s, all new cvs and boots, all new hubs and wheel bearings,
Steering; all new steering rack, ball joints, poly bushed steering rack mounting bushes.
Suspension: Spax hocks all round, -30mm front spax springs, -30 mm leda custom rear springs, built myself a custom rear beam with stub axles raised 30mm to allow low ride with good suspension travel, poly bushed all round, custom boxed front wishbones. Wheels are speedline et45 16 inch with toyo proxes 195 40 16 tyrs t1r’s.
Brakes: Braided goodridge hoses all round, astra gte drilled and grooved front discs with callipers and ebc greenstuff pads, astra gte rear disc conversion, custom handbrake cables, ate racing brake fluid. All new copper brake and fuel lines.
Exterior: glacier white body, gsi spoiler, front bumper, rear bumper and grille. Whole car stitch welded throughout, brand new reinforced front cross member, sr tinted windows all round.
Interior: cobra susuka bucket seats, sabelt 3 inch 4 point harnesses, fearless motorsport custom half chrome roll cage and rear strut brace, gsi dash, omex sequential shift light and launch control, sparco gearknob, momo corse steering wheel with launch control button mounted, smoothed off spare wheel well, custom floor plates ali, carbon fibre door cards and boot panel, euro rear clusters with 2 fog lights, inside completely painted and stripped.