PDA

View Full Version : differance between the GTE and GSI

Jamie D
24-08-08, 11:55 PM
im after a gte or gsi as ive sold my nova luxe :cry: just wonderd what difference engine wise there is between them both as ive herd the gsi has a revised engine :)

Iain
25-08-08, 11:13 AM
I think GTEs and early GSis have the earlier engine (E16SE) but later GSis came with the later engine (C16SE)

mowgli
26-08-08, 12:51 AM
the engine difference is just details, the performance is pretty much the same, its down to whether you like a mk1 or a mk2 really.

1.6 8v turbo nova
26-08-08, 02:43 AM
I think GTEs and early GSis have the earlier engine (E16SE) but later GSis came with the later engine (C16SE)

This has cleared up my problem with parts! i thought my engine was the E16SE but found out that some parts didnt fit! therefore mines the C16SE one.. The place i get parts from said if its C16SE thats a corsa GSI bottom end, ive been thinking ive had a engine made up from a corsa GSI block with a nova GSI head. cheers man >.< :thumb:

loggyboy
26-08-08, 09:26 AM
C16SE is largely identical to the E16SE, the differences being the injections and ignition system (siemens and bosch), the c16xe had DISPAC rather than a distributer. They also had a CAT. There are exceptions to the above but thats largely it. C16SE were only fitted the the very last of them (92/93) and arent that common.

Novaboyleon
26-08-08, 03:03 PM
the gte e16se has the red distributer cap and the gsi version has the black one, the c16se is the same as the corsa sri 1.4 engine with the same ignition system with the dispac but in form of a 1.6

mowgli
26-08-08, 03:28 PM
oddly enough, for group A rallying with the gsi, the engine had to be the old gte spec with the bosch ecu. GM only homologated one modified ecu/ injection system

loggyboy
26-08-08, 03:40 PM
the gte e16se has the red distributer cap and the gsi version has the black one, the c16se is the same as the corsa sri 1.4 engine with the same ignition system with the dispac but in form of a 1.6

I think you'l probly find its mixed and matched with regards to E16SEs with black or red dizzys (thats Lucas or Bosch ignition.) which in turn has no direct link change from with the Siemens to Bosch engine management that came when switching to C16SE. (the later system was also used on the C14SEs found in the SRi novas.)