PDA

View Full Version : Quick Question C20XE

jord77
24-08-08, 10:14 PM
Hi guys

Been thinking today whats the diffence between a dizzy pack and dizzy xe in performance or is there anything ?????

Or what would you have dizzy pack or dizzy what every is better ?

Sorry to be dumb
jord

General Baxter
24-08-08, 10:21 PM
i think youmean dizpack and dizzy

id have the pack anyday,no moving parts lol

jord77
24-08-08, 10:23 PM
lol sorry just changed it

RSTChris
24-08-08, 10:25 PM
Ive always preffered the dizzy ones, always been the fastest anyways!

Dar
24-08-08, 10:34 PM
The difference is one uses a DIS Pack and the other uses a distributor to feed the spark plugs (Mr Obvious).

The DIS Pack is the better system to have. It will generate a better more constant spark. The problem with a distributor is that there are alot of bits and pieces between the coil and the spark plug. It's fine when it's working correctly but there are many parts to fail or wear out. I doubt that there is a performance difference between the two when both systems are working 100%

jord77
24-08-08, 10:53 PM
Ive always preffered the dizzy ones, always been the fastest anyways!

why is this mate ??

RSTChris
24-08-08, 10:56 PM
No idea, just out of all the standard engines ive driven the early dizzy engines always seam to out-do the later coil packs.

black16v
24-08-08, 10:59 PM
well i would say the reason for that is that the earlier dizzy engines are all pre cat model, well nearly all and there for didnt have to pass the strick emissions, so there by could be tuned for more power because of this. could be wrong though lol

AlexW
24-08-08, 11:02 PM
And an older engine wont pull aswell as a newer engine for a start. More wear.

Stoo
24-08-08, 11:36 PM
older engines actually tend to produce alightly more power anyway

craig green
24-08-08, 11:54 PM
The later ones use a intake temp sensor & run better in hot conditions or with NOS. A few subtle differences & parts that arent compatible etc. I prefer the earlier non Lambda 20XE's myself.

Dod
25-08-08, 10:24 AM
The Dispac is the best option for reliability but. As for the earlier vs lates spec engines, all points are valid to a certain extend. Newer engines can be worn as much as older engines. Some older engines can be run in better which can make them absolute flyers as opposed to some that havent been given the shoe and are pretty much dead.

This is more so with the 2.0 8vs but occationally with the XE. Although my mate swears that Astra GTE XE's work better than Cav GSi XE's and both are precat as well.

Adam
25-08-08, 12:40 PM
Id prefer the dispak, hence why ive converted my xe to dispak.
The management is better, as is the afm.
More reliable too.

Id use a setup that has the lambda input tbh, can only be better for fuel consumption(if the sensors reading correctly that is)

The very old engines produced 156bhp yes, but only because they didnt have a cat fitted.