PDA

View Full Version : Car Registration Details

Dod
24-08-08, 09:44 PM
Hi.

I know RJ and some other people can find out various different details on cars just by their number plates which I assume can be done online. What is the site address as I'm after information on a car I'm thinking about buying, but apparently the UK log book has been misplaced but the previous previous owner which sounds a little suspect to me.

loggyboy
24-08-08, 09:46 PM
http://www.vehiclelicence.gov.uk/EvlPortalApp/

boyle_46
24-08-08, 09:46 PM
how many cars do you need dod , leave some vauxhalls for the rest of us over here lol .

Dod
24-08-08, 09:49 PM
Come ahead and buy some off me. LOL!!

Loggy, cheers mate. :thumb:

Dod
25-08-08, 01:23 PM
Right, just checked the number plate of this car, it confirms engine size, what seems to be the correct Year of manafactur but doesnt give the model of the car etc.

There are other sites to check the cars details that give you the cars history, weather its had any insurance claims, stolen etc, any preffered sites folks?

Jack
25-08-08, 01:55 PM
Only an HPI check will tell you that.

Dod
25-08-08, 02:01 PM
Spot on, I assume theres a site and although it probably is one of the most obvious sites, have you an address for it?

Basicially, I've been looking at a Factory Purple Vauxhall Cavalier Saloon. Its got an SRi Kit which is fitted with factory clips etc, but has been fitted with a TD Lump. Its at the Local Recyclers and was sold to them without a Tax book. Its been said the car was used in a few High Speed Chases by the Local Athoritys but if contacted before purchase, this wont affect me. Also, the number place is that of a Vauxhall, and a 2.0 (so I'd assume it was once an SRi but converted to TD as the welded in engine mount would lead you to believe) but just double checking those details again, it says the car is Red and doesnt say if it actually is a Cavalier or not.

Would a HPI Check confirm details etc for me? Also, is there some way I can cross the Chassis number with the number plates as its all a little suspect.

Asa-James
25-08-08, 05:12 PM
theres a text check thing, costs about three quid and is basically a mini hpi check with car details and chassis number. dont know if it would work in ireland tho...

On your mobile phone simply text CTC then a space then the registration number to 83600 and get an instant Car Text Check delivered straight to your phone wherever you are for only £3

sorry, just read the site, it says mainland uk only

Jack
25-08-08, 05:16 PM
Google for HPI check Dod, loads of places do them. RAC or AA would probably be your best bet though.

Will cost you a few quid for each one.

Dod
25-08-08, 11:49 PM
Well it might be worth it. Anyone wanna do the Text thing for me? I can forward payment via paypal?

Gonna try my local Vauxhall Dealer with the Chassis number and see what they can tell me.

Ben
26-08-08, 10:14 PM
sounds like a twin or ringer tbh.

Dod
26-08-08, 10:58 PM
Na, I'm thinking its a car thats been chased a few times and so had different plates on it to hide its identity from the law. Also, I think I might have tracked down one of the previous owners :D