PDA

View Full Version : rolling road

turbojolt
24-08-08, 08:24 PM
me and my brother went to the rolling road to day to see what power his car makes and to get a cold air induction kit fitted

he drives a 1.4 16v fiat punto sporting mk2b

wich is only ment to have 95 hp but his 11k mile car produced 107 bhp from standard and after the induction kit was fitted it made 114 bhp we were very impressed with it the noise and performance gain was very good to say the less

1.6 8v turbo nova
24-08-08, 08:24 PM
easy 7 bhp :)

turbojolt
24-08-08, 08:26 PM
i know it is a good bit of kit the gsr induction kit

were going back next mounth to get a reddot e.c.u remap on it apprantly it will be making around 120hp then

Stuart
24-08-08, 08:30 PM
lmfao you HONESTLY think an induction kit will add 7bhp ontop of an ALREADY keen reading........

the engine is not standard, or they were messing about with the dyno to get the numbers to make you happy

turbojolt
24-08-08, 08:31 PM
well all i know is we had a before and after rolling troad on the car mate

107 standard 114 with the induction kit

turbojolt
24-08-08, 08:31 PM
also it was a proper cold air induction kit not a max power one

and also a lot of the 1.4 there were making around 101 to 105 hp standard

the desile remaps seemed very impresive as well going from 145hp to just a tad under 200hp

Andy
24-08-08, 08:34 PM
How has it gained 12hp with no mods?

Stuart
24-08-08, 08:34 PM
ahh well of course, if all the cars were making higher power figures than they should have been then its 100% accurate..... :wall:

you are aware that most RR's are run badly to make them over/underread (unders are rare lol) to make the punters happy ;)

Lets not forget you WILL lose approx 1bhp per year counting in wear and tear etc unless its had a fresh rebuild of course)

turbojolt
24-08-08, 08:35 PM
apprantly the manafacter lied to reduce insurance preimums

Stuart
24-08-08, 08:36 PM
apprantly the manafacter lied to reduce insurance preimums

hmmm BOLLOCKS... thats illegal for them to do that. They could have restricted the power down but not lie.

turbojolt
24-08-08, 08:36 PM
ahh well of course, if all the cars were making higher power figures than they should have been then its 100% accurate..... :wall:

you are aware that most RR's are run badly to make them over/underread (unders are rare lol) to make the punters happy ;)

Lets not forget you WILL lose approx 1bhp per year counting in wear and tear etc unless its had a fresh rebuild of course)

i understand this but still alot of cars were making standard manafctor clame

Stuart
24-08-08, 08:37 PM
where was this RR... Ill take mine along and see how accurate they are. I've got a 1% accurate readout for mine with a REAL rundown of transmission losses etc.

turbojolt
24-08-08, 08:37 PM
hmmm BOLLOCKS... thats illegal for them to do that. They could have restricted the power down but not lie.

maybe but its well know when they 0-60 the 306 gti-6 they loaded the car full off people and balist to reduce the time to give lower premiums

turbojolt
24-08-08, 08:38 PM
where was this RR... Ill take mine along and see how accurate they are. I've got a 1% accurate readout for mine with a REAL rundown of transmission losses etc.

reddot in watford

imperial way indrustal estate

Andy
24-08-08, 08:39 PM
Surely you arent that gullible

Stuart
24-08-08, 08:39 PM
hmmmm this dosent bode well for the PNG RR that is being organised there lol......

I will have to get there and give them a kicking lmao

Andy
24-08-08, 08:40 PM
reddot? isnt that where someone off here is organising a day?

Andy
24-08-08, 08:40 PM
Beat me stuart lol

turbojolt
24-08-08, 08:42 PM
hmmmm this dosent bode well for the PNG RR that is being organised there lol......

I will have to get there and give them a kicking lmao

lmao well if you go there we will see what happens lol when is every one going as i would like to see some big power novas on the rolling road

turbojolt
24-08-08, 08:46 PM
ither way the car is completly diffrent to drive so it has done something

Leeboo
24-08-08, 08:47 PM
It may be that the rolling road is inaccurate, but..

Cars making more than factory power - it does happen. A lot of Corsa C 1.2 16v's make more than factory power IIRC.

Dar
24-08-08, 08:50 PM
maybe but its well know when they 0-60 the 306 gti-6 they loaded the car full off people and balist to reduce the time to give lower premiums

Very true. Also it's not worth posting RR results up on the tinternet no one will believe you:thumb: Happens every time.

Andy
24-08-08, 08:53 PM
Thats true? well thats fraud lol

turbojolt
24-08-08, 08:56 PM
Very true. Also it's not worth posting RR results up on the tinternet no one will believe you:thumb: Happens every time.

i have the print out but cant scan it right now dam

turbojolt
24-08-08, 08:59 PM
also it dose not bother me if they belive it or not i was there and i see it with my own eyes and thats what counts

also i think most of it is because of the cars manafactor more then anything

Andy
24-08-08, 09:00 PM
Its not you they dont believe mate its the centre

Stuart
24-08-08, 09:04 PM
ok a 7bhp increase on a back to back test is kinda nearly acceptable.... although I'd then demand an A-B-A test where they take it off, get the same "std"power and then back to the 7bhp increase with refitting.

but the 12bhp up on std is a little overegged imho. Did the RR operator have a cup of coffee on the go when they did the power runs? ;) its amaing what you can do with the readings by heating the temp probe lmao

turbojolt
24-08-08, 09:04 PM
Its not you they dont believe mate its the centre

o right

i thourght it would be a fair read out as reddot are supose to be a well know company

turbojolt
24-08-08, 09:06 PM
ok a 7bhp increase on a back to back test is kinda nearly acceptable.... although I'd then demand an A-B-A test where they take it off, get the same "std"power and then back to the 7bhp increase with refitting.

but the 12bhp up on std is a little overegged imho. Did the RR operator have a cup of coffee on the go when they did the power runs? ;) its amaing what you can do with the readings by heating the temp probe lmao

well i dont know 100% but the car dose fell alot more alive now also my lungs still hurt from inhaling desile car fumes lol

also they did say to me and my brother that is the most power they have ever had from a standard 1.4 16v punto and want to use it as a demo

Stuart
24-08-08, 09:17 PM
of course they would want to use it as a demo ;) lol

now where is spellbot when you need him

turbojolt
24-08-08, 09:36 PM
of course they would want to use it as a demo ;) lol

now where is spellbot when you need him

well like i sad im not 100% but also you can not be 100% that they are lieing to us

Mike
24-08-08, 11:11 PM
AFPMSL at this thread!!

chimp007_uk
26-08-08, 10:37 PM
This isn't boding well... :cry:

I'm disappointed, i know the german guy who makes the induction kits and custom intakes.

I guess i have to defend them... But my GT TDI 110* made 111hp when we ran it up before we remapped it. I've set up a few cars on the rollers never had any problems with unrealistic gains... I've used it as a benchmark for any future add-ons.

I was there for a punto 1.4 8v getting the induction kit and custom pipe, it had a custom exhaust etc and they rempped it (advanced the ignition) it made 95hp i believe, which was a 10hp increase... Not unbelievable again.

The thing here is the age old rolling road whose accurate. From experience, i've found them to be pretty fair. However after this, i'd understand if people weren't interested in a RR day there. Shame really... Could have been a good get together!

Jack
26-08-08, 10:56 PM
LMFAO

GTi-6 has a 0-60 of 7.9 seconds - whilst I think thats a touch on the conservative side, I can vouch for it being a decent figure. Fully loaded it would be a damned sight slower than that!

Its well known that Jap cars often come with power figures over their quoted statistics. Even the new Nissan GTR has power figures all over the shop.

chimp007_uk
26-08-08, 10:58 PM
Even the new Nissan GTR has power figures all over the shop.

That'll be the hand built engines lol