PDA

View Full Version : Need a better quote

Steve
24-08-08, 12:28 PM
Basically last september I had an incident with my old white nova and the claim is still pending as they haven't yet decided (nearly a year later) who's at fault. Anyway I was paying about £400 for the 2.0 with all mods declared but as my claim isn't settled they want £940 for it this year.

Its off the road now but my saloon has gone up from £225 to £415, this is at 24 with 2 years no claims (would have been 5) am I likely to get the saloon insured any cheaper? or do they just shaft you as your a risk now?

Benn
24-08-08, 12:31 PM
Think you'll be class as a risk till the claims sorted.

Steve
24-08-08, 12:33 PM
What I was thinking is, everytime I ring for a quote i'll have to declare the accident, so is there any point me trying to find a cheaper quote elsewhere? I'm with adrian flux atm.

Benn
24-08-08, 12:48 PM
Try telling them you've been hit in the ****, but the claim is on going. But as you where hit it will swing your way might help.

Try...
Greenlight, quin direct, any one from the yellow pages.

ANDYRACER
24-08-08, 06:14 PM
Personally i wouldnt tell them uve had a crash becuase nothing is settled and it aint in your name but thats my opinion. :thumb:

Jack
24-08-08, 07:43 PM
If they ask "have you made a claim?", then technically, no you haven't :p

Most ask "have you been involved in an accident?" now though, no matter who was at fault.

Either way, there's not a lot you can do until the claim is resolved. Even then, you'll have to declare it in future - even if it wasn't your fault and the claim goes your way - and it may still increase your premium slightly. :roll:

I would definitely get onto the company that are handling your outstanding claim though, a years wait is absolutely disgusting. Get a hire car, and charge it to the insurance company; that'll hurry them up lol

Steve
25-08-08, 04:24 PM
Had a bit of a result, just got a quote through from gocompare.com and fully comp they'll cover the saloon for £277 whereas flux want £415 TPF&T so gonna give flux a ring tomorrow and get them to beat that price.:D