PDA

View Full Version : 2.0 16 valver trouble

asylum-audio
23-08-08, 10:27 PM
Hi all...

recently bought a 2.0 converted 1.2 vauxhall nova... ive had it off the road to finish off all the welding that needed doing, and fit new stronger shocks springs and dampers to it. This being done i am left with three problems.... The first being my 4-2-1 manifold sitting low on the car, and only approx 1.5-2 inch's off the floor.... the second being my 195-45-15 tyres only sit a cm from the front arches, meaning it will rub under heavy braking... (anyone know the correct offset, tyre profile for nova's) and the 3rd problem is a tough cookie....

The car is fine turning right, but going left there is a grinding noise against the inner wing.... we took a closer look to see that the alternator and bottom pully on the car seemed to be catching on the inner wing / strengthening kit....

We removed a section of the inner wing, and sanded back approx 1mm off the bottom pully which has sorted about 75% of the noise, but upon sharp left turning it makes the same noise....

Has anyone had this problem? and if so, how can it be fixed?

Adam*D
23-08-08, 10:38 PM
The bottom pulley should have been machined so you have enough clearance. The inner chassis leg, under the suspension strut should have been modded to stop the alternator catching. You should have et49 wheels on a nova with 45 profile tyres if it's low.

Jack
24-08-08, 08:33 PM
Does sound like the wheels are the wrong offset. What suspension is on it, and how low - are the springs strong enough to hold the weight of an XE?

Exhaust manifold, again depends how low it is - mine is down 40mm on 195/60/15 tyres and sits about 2" clear of the ground.

Is the bottom pulley a double or single V pulley?