PDA

View Full Version : Garages and Lock-Ups

FUSION X16XE
23-08-08, 05:03 PM
So my insurances comes to and end in november therefore im thinking of taking the car off the road for a couple of months over winter and the summer and then get it back on the road about this time next year, hence my need for a garage or lock up or just space to keep the car, is there anybody in my area wanting to rent out a garage/lock-up or maybe rent me a bit of there land if there have the room? It wouldnt be messy as im a bit of a clean freak and id make it look better, maybe a lick of paint here and there.:D

Ive looked in my local newspaper but theres nuthing and idealy i need room to store the car and spare engine as ill be changing it over, is there anywere else i could look??

Very random question i know :thumb:

Ernie
23-08-08, 06:26 PM
ask about at work as there is always sombody who knows of some thing.

Andy
23-08-08, 06:31 PM
you can register with estate agencies/council etc,when one becomes available they ring you

General Baxter
23-08-08, 06:46 PM
/council etc,when one becomes available they ring you

18month waiting list around here lol

Andy
23-08-08, 06:49 PM
:eek:

sport
23-08-08, 07:00 PM
Are you local to any farms? Might be keen to rent out a barn, thats what i do.

FUSION X16XE
24-08-08, 06:26 PM
How much do you pay for a barn?

Pistol Pete
24-08-08, 08:19 PM
Speak to farmers, they may have a barn you could rent. May even have electric which would be a bonus aswell! They are more likley to do a cash deal, easy money. Failing that speak to your local council. Garages rounnd here can be rented for a monthly fee. Not sure if they have electric though.

FUSION X16XE
24-08-08, 08:52 PM
Yes, this brings me to another issue.

Genny, what sort of power am i going to need to power a 50l 3hp compressor? and probaly work lights aswell? What is a rough price for these? id rather by one that will last not a cheap one. How much would it cost to run?

Pistol Pete
24-08-08, 09:10 PM
Questions, questions, questions... LOL!!

Genny, not sure what these cost, try www.machinemart.co.uk (http://www.machinemart.co.uk) for ideas. should have lighting on there.

Just remember if your going to have all that kit in a lock up, you want somewhere that is secure!!

FUSION X16XE
24-08-08, 09:12 PM
Yep this is why i am a member of PNG lol so i can ask people that know all my annoying questions.

How would this cope?
Clicky (http://www.screwfix.com/prods/59272/Power-Tools/Generators/Sumo-SMK37GEN-2000W-Generator)