PDA

View Full Version : Anyone heard of using astra TD shafts on nova XE?

Adam*D
23-08-08, 02:31 PM
Been speaking to a lad today who tells me the short shaft from an astra TD will fit a nova with a f20 box? Is he speaking out his rear end:confused: lol

Welsh Dan
23-08-08, 03:42 PM
Yes he is. The Astra shafts are longer because the Astra's have a wider track, so they won't fit.

craig green
23-08-08, 04:50 PM
Nova TD shafts fit with the correct 22spline inner mk2 Cav CV's.

Adam*D
23-08-08, 05:00 PM
This is my luck so far.......
Bought a set of GSi driveshafts, get them delivered and they had 28 splines:mad:
Bought a set of GTe shafts, get them delivered, they had 28 splines:mad:
A pal rings me and says he's got a nova TD, 2 owners from new, in for breaking. Jackpot I says, I'll have the driveshafts, guess what? yep 28 splineslol
Another pal in the meantime has a mk2 cavalier 1.6 in to break, whooo! I'll have the cv's! they had 28 spline driveshafts but small block cv's:eek: :mad: lol lol

Welsh Dan
23-08-08, 05:53 PM
Chris astley sells shafts and cv's if you're struggling.

Adam*D
23-08-08, 06:10 PM
I wasn't really wanting to pay brand new prices if you know what I mean. When I didn't need any there was loads for sale!

Philsutton
23-08-08, 06:31 PM
This is my luck so far.......
Bought a set of GSi driveshafts, get them delivered and they had 28 splines:mad:
Bought a set of GTe shafts, get them delivered, they had 28 splines:mad:
A pal rings me and says he's got a nova TD, 2 owners from new, in for breaking. Jackpot I says, I'll have the driveshafts, guess what? yep 28 splineslol
Another pal in the meantime has a mk2 cavalier 1.6 in to break, whooo! I'll have the cv's! they had 28 spline driveshafts but small block cv's:eek: :mad: lol lol

Are you counting the drive shafts or the cv joint spline?

Andy
23-08-08, 06:39 PM
lol the amount you have spent and the time wasted,wouldnt it have been easier getting new ones? There is no reason why you cant put the cav mk2 inner cv's on either of those shafts mentioned

Adam*D
23-08-08, 07:14 PM
lol the amount you have spent and the time wasted,wouldnt it have been easier getting new ones? There is no reason why you cant put the cav mk2 inner cv's on either of those shafts mentioned

The ammount I've spent is around £40 so no where near the price of new 1's.
how can i fit the mk2 cav joints that have 22 splines on the inside to a driveshaft that has 28:confused: :confused: :confused:

Adam*D
23-08-08, 07:15 PM
Are you counting the drive shafts or the cv joint spline?

counting the splines on the driveshaft after I've removed the inner cv.

Philsutton
24-08-08, 09:28 AM
thats alright then, I have had people count the outer ones and going mental becasue its wrong in their eyes lol.

Adam*D
24-08-08, 09:34 AM
I'm propper sick now :( got my nova sat outside all finished apart from driveshafts :(:(:(

Benn
24-08-08, 12:51 PM
thats alright then, I have had people count the outer ones and going mental becasue its wrong in their eyes lol.

That what i was gonna say, people forget that they have 22 one end and 28 the other...