PDA

View Full Version : Camber adjustment.

Anonymous
06-11-00, 07:16 PM
I`m running 17`s on approx -40 drop front springs (I`ve taken the -60`s off cause the ride did my head in, another pothole; oh no!) and the front tyres are wearing badly on the insides, very expensive! Anyway I need to adjust the camber of the front wheels, is elongating the front shocker holes the only way? which hole do you file and approx how far? does it put a lot of stress on the spindly looking damper rod? Any help much apreciated b4 I go bankupt!

Anonymous
07-11-00, 08:21 AM
You elongte the top hole(on the strut) to allow the stearing knuckle to lean further out at the top, how far you elongate it depends on how much you need to adjust the camber, You will need to borrow a camber guage set the camber to what it says in the haynes manual. When you put the bolt back in the top hole fit a large plate washer on each side, when the camber is set correctly weld the washers in place to stop the top bolt flopping around. The other better way would be to buy a track control arm kit from TAS These cost ?35 to PNG members but you need to weld the bits in place yourself. They convert the inner joint to an adjustable rose joint and strenthen the rest of the arm to prevent flex, the rose joint allows you to alter the length of the track arm thus altering the camber.