PDA

View Full Version : Centre Exit Exhaust

Anton
11-10-02, 05:13 PM
Just wonderd if any one can give me some tips for doing this? Can you do it without cutting the sparewheel hold? Whats the best backbox to use? I was thinking of maybe some sort of powerflow backbox?! Anyone give me any ideas, Cheers :P

Chris LR
11-10-02, 09:00 PM
I don't know 100% but having spent enough time under the back of a Nova I'd say that it's going to need cutting or denting.

The Only thing I will say is that it may have huge arguments with speed bumps! Have u thought about it?

Anton
11-10-02, 09:05 PM
Yeah I thought about that, not many speed bumps in my area so it should be ok. I think it may look v.cool on my nova, but it may be to expensive or to much work to make it worthwhile. :cry:

ade
11-10-02, 11:46 PM
you wanna speak to mitzu - he lives in sweden (or switzerland?) - built a race spec nova -

check out www.corsa.webb.se

Send him an e-mail - he did this mod to his car.

Ade
:wink:

Chris LR
12-10-02, 01:33 AM
I have seen a Mk 2 Fiesta (evil word) with it done, however i don't think they have a sparewheel enclosure just some brackets. I've also seen minis with it done

where theres a will theres a way.

?Marty?
12-10-02, 01:52 AM
I've got a Twin 5" Jap exhaust as a center exit on mine. (Sounds fuckin' well good!)

I would advise getting the spare-wheel well removed. If you bother and how the cut out is replaced (flat or raised section that sticks out into the boot, like a box) depends on where (how high) you want the tailpipes and the shape of the back-box though. Mine has 5" round cans on it, so the center of the exhaust would obviously sit lower down than one with flatter/wider cans.

A good exhaust to use would be a Rage one. They're supplied as universal one's, have a really good range of tailpipes to choose from and the prices are very good too.
The way it fits would depend on what the rest of the system is and whether the join of the backbox is straight out, or on the side.

Anton
12-10-02, 07:18 AM
Cheers guys, thats given me lots to think about. I think I will go for it, but get it proff done so its a proper job. Have you got a pic of yours marty?

Chris LR
12-10-02, 06:49 PM
Theres a Mk1 golf which had twin centres coming out of the middle of the tailgate, I suppose if you flushed your tailgate and made a hole in the wheel well you could do that, theres nothing to stop all water and cold getting in tho.

?Marty?
13-10-02, 03:17 AM
Sorry mate, haven't got any pictures off my car.

There's a picture of Gaz's Nova with a center exit exhaust in djp_y2k's post (Mad exclusive - but which paint).

You're best off getting a bodyshop flushing the spare-wheel well and then getting PowerFlow to build you a custom system. They can either fit a backbox you supply or supply one of their own (and build the rest of the system). I think it'd be around ?400 for a full custom system.

Anton
13-10-02, 09:38 AM
Cheers Marty, I'll show you a pic when I@ve got it done :lol: