PDA

View Full Version : 5th injector - what injector!

Mike
20-08-08, 08:32 PM
5th injector setup, which fapping injector to use??

Somthing big like a 1200cc item or more along the lines of a 600cc (motorbike injector) thing?

Its gotta give enough fuel for 12psi mind, well about 16psi utter max!

wilson_sri
20-08-08, 08:52 PM
No help to you here. But is a 5th injector really needed? Iv never had a problem with mine.

Mike
20-08-08, 08:57 PM
Its an easy way of getting bang on fuelling if used with an MF2 injector driver Wilson ;) basically, the MF2 ECU is connected to your OE ECU and they work hand in hand :D

Cheeze
20-08-08, 09:49 PM
heard that a golf coldstart injector can be used, and its plumbed in via t-piece, thats what i remember as it was the way i had thought of doing it with the mf2 also mike

Mike
20-08-08, 10:02 PM
Aye, MF2 is widely used on Golf Mk3 GTi turbos and Fiesta Zetec Turbo's etc etc surprised no one on hear has ever talked about them TBH.

On the other hand, i dont think a 5th injector setup would be good for application TBH, as i need fuel pressure to increase with boost pressure ideally. HKS boost compatible FPR would better i think.

Martin
20-08-08, 10:14 PM
MF2 what now? pmsl

Mike
20-08-08, 10:32 PM
MF2 what now? pmsl

MF2 is kinda like megasquirt but not, its a piggyback ECU that works with your OE ECU but mainly used for bespoke fuelling applictions. Like an 8v Turbo. Its similiar to a PECTEL unit for 8 injector setup (Like on an RS500, PECTEL ECU not the 8 injector plenum lol)

craig green
20-08-08, 10:57 PM
I've heard of them along with using the Golf injector.

Are you intending to also use the Courtenay method of using a vac swith to operate the WOT signal on the TPS?

What reg you using?

Mike
20-08-08, 11:01 PM
Im planning on using either a complete MF2 injector driver kit (wires into all now 5 injectors & into the OE ECU) or just using my Rotrex FMU or a proper HKS FPR (mechanical FPR ran off boost pressure)

I dont know what to do TBH. Its all fcuking money money money lol might just use a FPR for now.

craig green
20-08-08, 11:07 PM
So long as you dont chase silly boost pressures, think of a sensible limit of 10psi. You'll be fine doing it with a rising rate FPR.

Your better off building it on say 6psi, which is what Courtenay sell it as, get used to the power & the rest of the car & its niggles, then tweak it up as & when. I ran 6psi for over a year & I was finding it plenty quick assuming it was set up well. Upping to 9psi felt a nice bit more grunty & was about the best it felt. 12psi just seemed to make it get a bit hotter for not a great deal more torque tbh. It was happy at 9psi & damned quick. Eating most things upto 90+ from a standstill.

Mike
20-08-08, 11:14 PM
Ill be running a shade over 12psi with the presently untampered charger ive got at the mo!

The car & ALL its parts are soon to be moving house :D and ill be under taking a further 2 years or so of mechanical work on it as it'll be in dry storage!!! So it'll be a few hours here and there a day.

The engine build is at the minute, as massive test of time, as its a complete culmination of parts from GM/SAAB/Renault & Ford (particaluary Cosworth).

Ive literally just tracked down the final peice the oil inlet/outlet jigsaw! A few select parts from a 2wd Saph Cos lol

craig green
20-08-08, 11:15 PM
Sounds great mate, keep at it.

I need to get a VXR blower on my C16...

Mike
20-08-08, 11:19 PM
I still need to get a spacer plate and oil filter relocation kit! Ive found where to get them, its just a matter of money at the moment as ive spent a sheetload at the B&Q sales lol lol

burgo
20-08-08, 11:50 PM
mike, horsepower is fuel specific. therefore work out what power you want to achieve, work out what your standard injectors can support then you can work out what injector you need