PDA

View Full Version : Flush Tailgate options and MOT!?!?

whitey
11-10-02, 04:43 PM
Just wanted to know if you have to have a rear wiper on the car? Want to flush my tailgate and I'm not sure if its allowed?

If so which I'm pretty positive it is, then what does everyone rekon I should do? leave the wiper as it is or remove it too?

Cheers Chris

Will
11-10-02, 07:52 PM
you dont need a rear wiper for the mot, and if i was you id totally flush the tailgate and leave the wiper off, remember u will still need a rear numberplate light of some kind even if its just for the mot! ;)

nutter

mowgli
11-10-02, 08:21 PM
Mine never had a wiper to start with, Just ring your local Dept of transport Testing centre (Just ask a local trucker for the no.) someone will be able to help you with the legal requirements. Don't rely on a 'while U wait mot man'. It's not like the old bill need any more excuses to pull us up.

Cheers
Mowgli

ade
11-10-02, 11:24 PM
U dont need a rear wiper - plenty of cars fitted without one. Just make sure that if u remove it you cover the hole properly to stop rusting.

If u flush yer tailgate you'll need somewhere to house yer numberplate and light housing in yer bumper - no point spending that time flushing it only to slap a fat plate back over yer hard work!

A bumper recess is a good option - you can now buy bolts that will attach the plate and also have lights built into the ends to light up the plate - most car shops do them nowadays - simply run the wires from the old plate light to the new bolts.

Remember to fill up the old numberplate light hole in yer bumper!

Ade
:wink: