PDA

View Full Version : Front Badge

Anton
10-10-02, 10:14 PM
I know this is going 2 sound really thick :o :oops: , but how is the badge on my bonnet (mk2) connected? Is it just stuck on? And whats the best way of getting it off? Cheers :P

Mr Dan
10-10-02, 11:36 PM
It's stuck on with that well nasty black sticky stuff that vauxhall used to glue bits together with. I took mine off with a bit of effort, use an old credit card or something to help get under the badge and pull it up. The plastic won't scratch up your paintwork. You'll notice that the badge is held in the right place by 2 little bits of plastic on the back, so you'll find 2 small circular holes underneath on your bonnet if I remember correctly.

8)

ade
11-10-02, 11:37 PM
my mk2 badge was stuck on with the gammy black stuff too!

No holes though - just well centred.

I stuck mine on the hatch for a while - like a fat VW badge!

:P

Anton
12-10-02, 07:23 AM
hmmmmm, because if I take it off I can't be arsed to fill holes, if its just that black sticky stuff, like on the rear badges and rub strips then I'll take it off :lol:

ade
12-10-02, 06:49 PM
my mk2 never had holes but then to be fair my bonnet was replaced after being in a smash about 5 years ago - possible they never bothered their arse to add them and just stuck the badge on.

Good job thugh - bugger took me 30 mins to get off!
Still managed to smash the holder for it.

:roll:

jim sri
14-10-02, 10:38 PM
my mark 2 nova had the 2 holes underneath the badge/black stuff!av a look from the engine bay side, should see the two little legs coming through bonnet.

Jim
15-10-02, 08:32 PM
be really carefull. I know of a few Mk2 cars that took the badge off only to fingd they were left with 2 small holes. If I were you I'd leave it (unless you feel comfortable filling, sanding and spraying your bonnet again).

Jim